• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

One of those days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebirdnerds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jennifer
Ok so today was a super crazy day. I got up super early to go get the BFA that was being surrendered today. On the way there my foster's truck broke down...the transmission fell out
Sooo we borrow a truck from their family and get there 1 1/2 hours late! So anyways that was quick, the cage was too small the toys were rusted and there was 1 PBC perch he was being fed cherios and peanuts....well sadly I am used to the surrenders coming that way. So I get him home and deck out his cage until I can get a bigger one from the garage, after we set him up we left and went to another place where the surrender was driving 2 hours to meet me. It was 1 hour for us. He is young and his girlfriend is having a baby so they surrendered the Sun. He is super cute and his cage isn't the biggest but he came with a lot of toys and stuff so he was treated well. Anyways, they are both settled in and ready to start their new lives :)
Here are pictures of Sammy and Tucker

His nails are really super long and curly so I am deff. going to take him to have that issure taken care of.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Bless your heart for rescuing them, I am sure you will improve their lives immensely and they will love you for it :) The sun could really use a perch cleaning!

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
Bless your heart for rescuing them, I am sure you will improve their lives immensely and they will love you for it :) The sun could really use a perch cleaning!
No kidding! They are ALL like that, I think he was regurgitating on them and they didn't clean them...yuck! I will be doing that tomorrow! Grrrrr I do an aweful lot of cleaning cages of birds that aren't mine LOL

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
No kidding! They are ALL like that, I think he was regurgitating on them and they didn't clean them...yuck! I will be doing that tomorrow! Grrrrr I do an aweful lot of cleaning cages of birds that aren't mine LOL
Yuck, that really is awful, but good for you... They will really thank you for it :hug2:

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
Thanks to who ever fixed my title, it was a typo and just further show that it is "one of those days" I feel like crap today too I got a few hours of sleep last night and I think I was just mean today lol not to the ppl but lots of negative energy flowing off of me until I ate! Once I eat all is well lol but i didn't eat till around 3 today for the first time so i was grouchy lol

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
Thanks to who ever fixed my title, it was a typo and just further show that it is "one of those days" I feel like crap today too I got a few hours of sleep last night and I think I was just mean today lol not to the ppl but lots of negative energy flowing off of me until I ate! Once I eat all is well lol but i didn't eat till around 3 today for the first time so i was grouchy lol
:hug8: No problem! I fixed it, I knew what you meant;) Beautiful birds. Love the BFA:heart::heart:

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Oh Jen, you are such a marvelous to do all that you do. Thank you so much for taking these beautiful birds. They are both so pretty, but my heart just melted over the BFA. Hoping they both find wonderful, loving homes soon.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
glad they have you now....hope they will find good homes soon.

WenM

Real Name
Wendy
Love the fiddies, esp the BFA, reminds me of my Jerry Jellybean. I'm sure you will find them fantastic new homes.

What are their personalities like? Are they handleable?

Terri

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Terri
They are both sooooo cute!! Just an FYI too for further ref. - Bry & I sold our pickup truck and bought a cargo van - so if you need to pick up cages or have a big rescue - everything should fit right into the back of the van - no horse trailer needed :)

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
Love the fiddies, esp the BFA, reminds me of my Jerry Jellybean. I'm sure you will find them fantastic new homes.

What are their personalities like? Are they handleable?
The BFA is woman aggressive, he is going to need some serious grooming he is recorded to be around 22 years old but was wild caught. He will be handle-able with a little more work with women I think. The women showed major fear so he does a lot of bluffing instead of actually biting.

The Sun was handled by the owner but I am new to him so I think it will take time for him to adjust to the newness of being here. Neither of them are super aggressive, just afraid.

I have an older male adopter for the BFA so once he meets him I think he will want to adopt him. He wanted to met Casey but I he was afraid to have a needy cockatoo. I can tell that the BFA matches his personality and they are both older. I think Casey is too young to place with him anyway. Sam is going to need some major diet changes though!

Bahama's Momma

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Shauna Hill
That's wonderful you have someone in mind already for the beautiful BFA. :dance4: They can be hard ones to place (we have a number of older BFA's waiting to be adopted) but this guy sure does deserve a home where he'll be happy. I hope the same happens for the cute sun conure too. He's one handsome fella.

Status
Not open for further replies.