• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

One of these babies...

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Im 4th pick and one of these yellow sided green cheek conures has gone home so one of the ones in this photo will be coming home with me in a week or two! So excited I had to share (especially because it seems only people on this forum are as happy to geek out about things like this as I am lol!) 2BABBB68-59B4-49A8-BF42-3DF3BF3833D7.jpeg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Congratulations :starshower1:

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Gorgous birds you wont go wrong with any of them i got my first parrot 16 days ago a pineapple conure and have enjoyed every moment so far.

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
Congratulations! They're all adorable!

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Fourth pick is better than nothing! Congratulations

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Congratulations, can’t wait for more pictures of your new baby!

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
Amazing! They all look like my Marvin; she** was the last remaining bird from her clutch and she's awesome.

**DNA sexed after naming.

Last edited:

SeñorBirb

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ella
Congrats! Can't wait to see which one you get!

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Amazing! They all look like my Marvin; she** was the last remaining bird from her clutch and she's awesome.

**DNA sexed after naming.
Marvie is a perfectly sweet little girl and we love her! She may not be a Pineapple, like @Wardy Mojo or a Turquoise like @Sylvi_ Gylphie but Marvie definitely has her place with the Green Cheek Girls on this forum!!

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Marvie is a perfectly sweet little girl and we love her! She may not be a Pineapple, like @Wardy Mojo or a Turquoise like @Sylvi_ Gylphie but Marvie definitely has her place with the Green Cheek Girls on this forum!!
Absolutely! Marvie’s part of the prestigious Sassy Sorority here on AA. ;)

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Alrighty, @FiatLux we’re going to be on pin feathers waiting to see if your new baby is going to be a Sassy Sorority shoe-in or if the baby ends up the lone very dashing and handsome boy of the club!

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
On pin feathers...lol. Oh I do love a good pun. I am getting a dna test so y’all will be the first, wait no, actually the second to know : ).

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Also I just posted my cage set up in the cage forum and would love a safety check and improvements feedback from anyone who has the time : ). Merck bien.
PS. The chosen name, subject to change based on personality, is Pitchounette.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
They’re all so beautiful! Congratulations :starshower1:

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Just got the call and I swear I’m in many ways tough as nails but I actually broke into tears. Must be all the anticipation. I’m picking up my baby at 1pm PST on Saturday. Expect lots more questions and posts lol! For starters, when should I take him to my avian vet? The bird store suggested I wait 2 months to get her settled in. What do y’all think?

Last edited:

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
That's awesome!

If the bird hasn't been vetted, I wouldn't wait 2 months, but since you don't have any other birds, you also don't need to do it on the way home.

(I'd go on the soon-ish end of that spectrum though)

Last edited:

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just got the call and I swear I’m in many ways tough as nails but I actually broke into tears. Must be all the anticipation. I’m picking up my baby at 1pm PST on Saturday. Expect lots more questions and posts lol! For starters, when should I take him to my avian vet? The bird store suggested I wait 2 months to get her settled in. What do y’all think?
Happy Tears!! New family member!
I guess I would ask them what the store’s health guarantee is. Not to make you worry, but since they don’t do disease testing, will they offer a guarantee if you take your baby to the vet and something is wrong or an avian disease is found? Some stores only offer a health guarantee if the bird is brought to the vet within 48 hours, etc.
Birds are expensive to purchase as babies, and you’re buying one from a well established store. They should be used to that question and be able to tell you their policy.

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Happy Tears!! New family member!
I guess I would ask them what the store’s health guarantee is. Not to make you worry, but since they don’t do disease testing, will they offer a guarantee if you take your baby to the vet and something is wrong or an avian disease is found? Some stores only offer a health guarantee if the bird is brought to the vet within 48 hours, etc.
Birds are expensive to purchase as babies, and you’re buying one from a well established store. They should be used to that question and be able to tell you their policy.
Thank you. They have a two week health guarantee. I actually had an appointment set up for the following Thursday but that’s only 5 days after s/he gets home. Do you think I should keep the appointment or wait it out? I will be asking for blood tests to establish a baseline so I’m leaning towards waiting because it does seem like a lot all at once.
i do have another bird, a lizard canary named Francois, but we are keeping them in separate rooms for a month per the forum protocols I’ve read.