• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

One Of My Babies Fledged...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanny Nicky

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Nicole
late yesterday afternoon..........it was really scared at first, it looked in shock and would hardly move, then it tried eating, flying, perching and climbing........the baby that fledged was not the oldest but the 3rd one born..........I really thought it would be the first born.......the Daddy is not feedng it but feeding the 3 remaining in the nest box.......I tried putting baby back in the nest box but Mom was in there and would not allow it to come back.......Mom also laid an egg in the nest box yesterday and I threw it out immediately.......nest box is coming down the minute the last baby fledges!!
I felt sorry for the baby so I picked it up, cupped it in my hands on my chest......the Dad hurried over climbed down to the baby on my chest and put himself face to face and at the same height as the baby and proceeded to talk to it in English in a very soft and gentle voice, he also preened it, but still not feeding it though.....it was so adorable!!!

robin's my baby

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
sarah
what kind of baby is it? sounds like it had an epic day

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
she has tiels Sarah..Nicky I wish I could be there to see

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Oh, what a big day for the little one! Good on you, dad, to go and reassure your baby! :heart:

Kolkri

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angie
How old is the baby? You may need to handfed if they are refussing to feed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.