• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

one egg and watery poop?

straypids

Moving in
Real Name
Isabella
my cockatiel, pekoe, laid an egg while we were away on february 22nd (she was with my grandma). there’s no other males around so this was a infertile egg, but she did lay a clutch january 25th-31st (also infertile). we found out she hasn’t laid any other eggs and doesn’t appear to be egg bound. she does have watery poop and goes on the cage floor and act weird then goes back to normal. i did have to change her food but i did it little by little, i’m not sure if my grandma added more then i said. i don’t know if this is an issue too but she has been grooming herself quite often, i tried giving her a bath but she wasn’t interested. my main concern is the watery poop, it has seem to get more solid but it isn’t a normal dropping. i’m definitely going to try to get her a visit at the vet.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Laying an egg just weeks after a clutch is not a good thing. Watch out for any other signs of illness, she could be low on nutrients or calcium. You want want to discuss with your vet how this happened and how to try and avoid it in the future. (removing nooks/nests, sleep schedule, diet etc).

straypids

Moving in
Real Name
Isabella
Laying an egg just weeks after a clutch is not a good thing. Watch out for any other signs of illness, she could be low on nutrients or calcium. You want want to discuss with your vet how this happened and how to try and avoid it in the future. (removing nooks/nests, sleep schedule, diet etc).
update: she just laid another one, i’m 100% getting her a vet visit.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
That´s a wise choice. This is a third clutch, even though the feb egg was just one, it is not from the jan clutch or this one.
Take a note of the egg dates with you to the vet, as well as photos of your cage and set up, and a list of foods your bird eats daily.

Reactions: tka