• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures One cheeky stag!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I love them all!! Each as cute as the next :swoon: :cloud9:
Thankyou for keeping me entertained and bringing me a little piece of nature :) :hug9:

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
We live near a forest which has a kind of animal park at the top (it's not an attraction, it's just a bunch of large enclosures which you can freely walk round). The park is closed off, but you can still see some deer, and this one was feeling especially cheeky!

View attachment 332861

I know @Zara will love this one haha
Would you look at that! Is that deer blowing you raspberries?!!? LoL....

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Gee whizz those are big horns!!! What is this big wall they are on? Looks very cool :)

And we will not comment on the butt sniffer :rofl:
It's some kind of man-made mountain! It's also got a kind of cave build inside for them too, it's really nicely made. There are two capricorn exhibits, each with a "mountain" and an ibex exhibit that also has one. The park is based purely on conservation of Swiss wildlife, and have an exchange program with other parks and wildlife reserves so any young that are born help to preserve the local population.

It's not even that big really, in total there are 8 exhibits; red deer, fallow deer, ibex, capricorn, wild boar, lynx, wild cats, groundhogs and some chickens mixed in there!

I'll get some pics of the mountain for you, but we are walking a different way tomorrow so it might be a few days!

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have some goat pics for you from yesterday @Zara :) The animal park is getting busier than usual now (most people end up disappointed to see its mostly closed!) so we've been going on different walks hence the lack of pics!

IMG_20200421_083220.jpg IMG_20200421_083244.jpg

Also here's a pic from one of our other walks: a view of the Lake of Constance, and on the other side of it is Germany. Just by going round this lake you can visit three different countries: Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Sometimes we drive to Bregenz, Austria for a nice walk to Lindau, Germany for an afternoon of shopping.
IMG_20200419_142248.jpg

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Also here's a pic from one of our other walks: a view of the Lake of Constance, and on the other side of it is Germany. Just by going round this lake you can visit three different countries: Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Sometimes we drive to Bregenz, Austria for a nice walk to Lindau, Germany for an afternoon of shopping.
Very cool! The lake is beautiful too!
I could visit a few countries in a day. I could visit portugal, the UK and Spain in a day... Or even Africa, UK and Spain.
Love the fluffy goats :swoon:

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
For @Zara , your regular animal updates, brought to you (not live!) from Wildpark Peter und Paul :lol:

A cute chamois:

IMG_20200427_170722.jpg

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What is this? Looks somewhere between a goat and a deer. Very cute indeed! :swoon:
It's a species of goat-antelope found in European mountain areas, they are really cute! I had never seen them before I saw these ones. They are called Gämse in German :)