• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

One big step

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Patrick
Micah isn't an extremely cuddly bird but will tolerate some petting and scritches on HIS terms.
:dancing:Well, tonight we cuddled for about 15 minutes. I would have taken pictures but I was afraid to move and him get mad and not want to cuddle anymore.
Ah, the things we do for them!:lol:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
awesome!!! so happy for you both Patrick!!:highfive:

LuvMyBirds

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
Patrick I'm so glad that we can share with our neighbors here who understand how exciting something like that is for us! That's great!! :highfive:

Patrick

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Patrick
I'm just so happy!!! He's such a sweet bird and this just pushes it a bit further.

On a side note.....I'm not happy with the new word he's learned...wanna guess what it is?

LuvMyBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
Okay - we will compare. Last month I'm sitting here on AA (my computer is in the bird room) and everyone is jabbering away. All of a sudden Macho says something. Now I am deaf in my left ear and have fluctuating hearing in my right so I though no , he didn't say that. He said it again. (Macho is 18yrs and I adopted him in September - he has a huge vocabulary) I went to the den and asked my husband... Did you hear that? We walked back toward the bird room and Macho is just repeating it over and over..... The only thing we can think of is he picked it up of the television. Now everytime I hear it I launch into a song which usually will get him forgetting about for a few days.

Okay here goes.... I'm cringing fixing to type this.. W*ore
I'm sure you can figure out the * is an h :(

Now fess up his new "word" ;)

Patrick

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Patrick
Eeeek!!!! Micah's is not that bad!

D*mn- clear as a bell! Justin says it when he's frustrated usually playing the wii right in front of Micah's cage so I'm betting thats where it came from. Not too bad but I still don't want him saying that for the next 60 years!

LuvMyBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
Yes much more polite word :lol: Maybe when he starts to say it you immediately say: HELLO!

Patrick

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Patrick
He's only said it once so hopefully it wont happen again! LOL

ferdinand

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
chul
Yes much more polite word :lol: Maybe when he starts to say it you immediately say: HELLO!
I can hear that turning into, "da*n, Hello!" :) I cringe to think of what embarrassing words could come out of the fids..;)

Patrick

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Patrick
Lol, well today it's d*mn, i love you more....
in a funny way thats cute but not what I want him saying!!!

pga7602

Jogging around the block
I'm sure he'll be a cuddler. My Coral is a big cuddler, but it wasn't always like that.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
He's only said it once so hopefully it wont happen again! LOL
Yea right!!!! Hopefully I won't need to take another breath. :D

ferdinand

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
chul
There is an evil part of me that wants to get George Carlin's old routine of the 7 words you can't say on TV...and play it for Ajax daily....just for the shock value :eek:

I remember the first time I heard it...I had to have been in jr. high...I distinctly remember the soda i was drinking coming out my nose, and me laughing so hard that i couldn't make any noise except for a gasping sound as I tried to catch my breath to laugh some more (I thought for a second that i would die laughing)....:rolleyes::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.