• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Once a parrot's not used to being alone, there is no going back?

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez

I have heard that finches prefer to stick to their own kind and don't care for others and treat them like outcasts. Would that be true?
Zebra finches do well with zebras and societies with societies and gouldian with gouldians, etc.

My societies were my most social butterflies and enjoyed jumping into other birds nests and even stayed tame after handraised and made my untame societies semi tame.

JAM

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
All of ours have their place in our flock and none of them would do well away on their own.

When I take one of them on my shoulder somewhere, in another room, there are always contact calls between them to check that they are still there and ok.

solo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
jess
If something where to happen to solo ( god forbid) I don't think Marley would cope if he can not see solo he FREAKS ! Screams , flys around , make pathetic "crying" noises etc they live in the same cage because I brought Marley his own cage and the one night I tried to keep them apart Marley ended up on the vet emergency room. The thought of how Marley would cope scares me so much:( solo on the other hand would do OK I think , for the most part anyway and so would Blu but I think Ike would be very depressed

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I think the only one here who would really suffer is Jingo. Gizmo and Koopa would be quite happy not having competition!