• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

OMG, this bird, I tell ya

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I should have named him Killer. Twice now he’s tried to take me out in the past week.

The first time, well, my fault for not watching him every second when I put paper in his cage. He jumped out at me and landed on the floor. He missed me by a few inches. I keep a towel handy for those times I need to handle him. He stepped up on my hand from where he was on the floor, bit down on my hand and went into his house. No marks on my hand and no blood = success.

OK, so that was not so bad, but this morning! Whoa! He would have left scars if not for the bars between us. It’s probably hormones, but all I was doing was removing his veggie and fruit bowl. He was really, really mad. I don’t know what I did to set him off. Maybe it was because today is Friday the 13th. Yeah, that sounds good.

This is not his angry face. This is his LEAVE ME ALONE face.

Consequenty, we just had our gotcha date. Sixteen years. Sixteen long, long years.

0577DD69-5267-4454-A2E7-5E43226F0091.jpeg

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Little stinker! Hope he calms down soon for you! Still such a handsome guy even with the tude though! :xflove:

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Happy Gotcha Day to you and your gorgeous, cranky boy!

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
16 years. Impressive! :awww:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
It's a love hate relationship...He loves to hate you...

I'm sure sometimes he thinks about maybe trusting you a bit but he is who he is and is lucky he has you to take care of him whether he knows it or not:xflove:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hormones? Is it that time? That would explain Secret's actions, too.

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I should have named him Killer. Twice now he’s tried to take me out in the past week.

The first time, well, my fault for not watching him every second when I put paper in his cage. He jumped out at me and landed on the floor. He missed me by a few inches. I keep a towel handy for those times I need to handle him. He stepped up on my hand from where he was on the floor, bit down on my hand and went into his house. No marks on my hand and no blood = success.

OK, so that was not so bad, but this morning! Whoa! He would have left scars if not for the bars between us. It’s probably hormones, but all I was doing was removing his veggie and fruit bowl. He was really, really mad. I don’t know what I did to set him off. Maybe it was because today is Friday the 13th. Yeah, that sounds good.

This is not his angry face. This is his LEAVE ME ALONE face.

Consequenty, we just had our gotcha date. Sixteen years. Sixteen long, long years.

View attachment 407467
Happy Gotcha Day! I am so glad that I have the magic towel. Or in today's case, the magic bra. His towels were all in the wash and I used the first thing I found in the laundry basket.

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
16 years is a long time! No matter what they do, they are still cute.

soundsfun

Walking the driveway
I said it before, and I’ll say it again... all you longtime parronts are superheroes!! :laughing12:

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don’t know that they’re super heroes. That makes it sound like some people can & some people can’t, which I don’t believe. In so doing, it actually downplays their efforts.

I believe that anyone in reasonable health could, but most choose not to. What they are is self-sacrificing (time, other fun, space, money, opportunities, etc.). Otherwise called true love. That’s a diligent, loyal choice, not some special gift (like super powers).

I admire them too, but very differently.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hope springs eternal for me. I get a glimpse of a friendly parrot from time to time (with that Amazon smell, too).

So maybe we just have an extra helping of hope in our hearts?

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I admire them too, but very differently.
Admire us? :laugh:
You should pity us!
Allowing our lives to be turned upside down and inside out by miniscule feathered demons.
Sometimes I wonder what my live would be like if I'd never touched that small white feathered baby 26 years ago.
Normal perhaps?