• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

OMG Molly has flown out the door

Status
Not open for further replies.

MollyMouse

Biking along the boulevard
I stupidly left the door ajar behind me not thinking and she has flown out and up to the roof and now over to a tree next door. I have no ladder but have moved her cage in full view for her to see. It will be dark soon and I trying not to freak out! I know if I chase after her she will fly further. What should I do????

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
Bring her cage outside and her favorite food. Maybe she'll come back to it?

Good luck! I hope she comes back soon!

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
OMG this is AWFUL! Im panicking for you as well, which cant be helpful! :(
I hope your able to lure her in.....

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
:omg: I'm soo sorry this happened!
Hope she comes back soon!
Is responding to your calls??
can you ask for someone's help(neighbor or friends)?? pls keep us updated

Rebecca in Israel

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Rebecca
:omg: I'm soo sorry this happened!
Hope she comes back soon!
Is responding to your calls??
can you ask for someone's help(neighbor or friends)?? pls keep us updated
I am keeping my fingers crossed that Molly comes back home. Keep calling ker name and have her favourite snack and toy on hand to lure her back to you. Of course you are not on line now, and we are hoping for a happy ending.

MollyMouse

It's nearly dark I can't hear her anymore I've left the outside light on and her cage open there isn't much more I can do. I can't tell where she is. I just hope maybe in the morning she might come back if she gets hungry. I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight. I feel so guilty it happened so quick and she was actually clipped.:(

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
So scary how easy it is :( I hope she isnt terribly scared :(
At least your climate is warm enough for her safety, here its so cool at night still.....

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Where abouts in Australia are you?

Keiko (Quaker) has gotten out twice and I've got him back both times and he's fully flighted, I assume Molly is as well.

Definitely keep her cage out with food and water, she will hopefully come back soon if she gets hungry or thirsty -- she could be sitting in a tree close by being quiet because it's dark. It's harder when you only have one, usually if you have two you can put the other bird out too, but that's not possible for you since you've only got Molly.

Accidents do happen, so don't feel guilty, I've got my fingers crossed and am praying she comes home. :hug8:

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
So scary how easy it is :( I hope she isnt terribly scared :(
At least your climate is warm enough for her safety, here its so cool at night still.....
It's freezing here at night, not sure about the OPs area.. but here it's cold enough it could snow so it'd be terrible for anyones bird to be out there that's accidentally got out/escaped.

Rebecca in Israel

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Rebecca
Just a suggestion, do you have a recording of your voice that you can play? Perhaps in the quiet of the evening she will memorise the direction your voice is coming from.

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
I'll keep you and molly in my prayers
i understand how you must be feeling right now
Hope she's safe and returns back to her mommy soon :hug8:

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
It's freezing here at night, not sure about the OPs area.. but here it's cold enough it could snow so it'd be terrible for anyones bird to be out there that's accidentally got out/escaped.
Well Im sure your idea of freezing is different than an Albertans, LOL - Just Kidding!
I truly thought this time of year Australia would be at least 20 Degrees Celcius overnight! Our summers rarely get that hot, let alone spring overnight, LOL

Anyways, I hope she is alright....I am worried for you!
Sending positive thoughts though!

MollyMouse

Thanks everyone I just heard her in a tree that's close so I will keep calling her. Will keep you posted.

chompie_puppy

Celebirdy of the Month
Can you put a battery operated night light near her cage? It might help guide her to it since it's already dark?

I have my fingers crossed for you and Molly!!!

MollyMouse

Where abouts in Australia are you?

Keiko (Quaker) has gotten out twice and I've got him back both times and he's fully flighted, I assume Molly is as well.

I'm in SA renae, how did you get Keiko back.? Molly was actually clipped

but obviously not clipped enough. Thanks for the kind words it's giving me hope.

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
No Luck yet eh? Can you actually see her? She's probably frozen in fear. Have you tried walking under the tree she is in and speaking to her?

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month

Well Im sure your idea of freezing is different than an Albertans, LOL - Just Kidding!
I truly thought this time of year Australia would be at least 20 Degrees Celcius overnight! Our summers rarely get that hot, let alone spring overnight, LOL

Anyways, I hope she is alright....I am worried for you!
Sending positive thoughts though!
Yeah, it's only Autumn too, well I'm pretty sure it is. Winter here can get pretty cold, but it's not unbearable!

I'm in SA renae, how did you get Keiko back.? Molly was actually clipped

but obviously not clipped enough. Thanks for the kind words it's giving me hope.
Ah, ••••. :( I hope it's not cold there then!

Keiko both times flew to a small tree in my front yard, I had to climb the tree (which wasn't hard) a bit to get him, but I had sunflower seeds and it worked both times, I gave him a sunflower seed got him to step-up and once he did, I'd put him inside my jacket, climb down the tree, and ran inside with him. The second time he actually flew off again just before I got him in the door, but he landed on my Cockatiels cage while they were outside. :rolleyes:

I'm glad it's giving you hope, and I know you won't give up, but I just want to say please don't even if you have thoughts, I lost 2 of my Cockatiels, Charlie and Jasper, Jasper didn't come back and I didn't find him after months and months, but Charlie did come back, 3 days later! I was so thankful and happy I got him back, it's the biggest relief.

You're doing everything you can right now, if she doesn't come back tonight (which I hope she will) early tomorrow morning you will hopefully be able to both see and hear her. Maybe she doesn't want to come down because she can't see you; if she's really attached to you, she may see you and come down, it's just a matter of getting her to realize it's you, but it's a bit hard when it's dark now.

Lots of hugs to you, I know how you feel. :hug8:

MollyMouse

No luck Kim It's 7pm here and pitch black except for the outside light on back doorway. I'm sure she is still in the lemon tree next door. I think I will have to wait till early morning and go out and call for her.

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Wow, 7pm and already dark? A different world Australia is.
Like Renea said, when she can see you, maybe she'll come down! Crossing my fingers for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.