• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Older Green Cheek or other white ring eyed conures, pics please

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Can anyone who has a conure older than 10 years, post a picture of the eye and white ring or facial close-up? I am wondering if our older conures particularly cheekies can be assessed by the look of the eye. I am wondering if the shadowing under the lower lid that I see on some of the older conures is an indication? Thanks!!

karen256

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
You made me curious about my GCC. She's 14, but I don't have good photos of her eyes when she was younger - I didn't have a digital camera.
But, looking back at them I really don't see much of a change. Possibly her iris has lightened very, very slightly; however the differences in iris color seem to be mostly from lighting.
eyes.jpg

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
You made me curious about my GCC. She's 14, but I don't have good photos of her eyes when she was younger - I didn't have a digital camera.
But, looking back at them I really don't see much of a change. Possibly her iris has lightened very, very slightly; however the differences in iris color seem to be mostly from lighting.
View attachment 145127
Now that is a fantastic response!!! Does her eye ring look a little more wrinkled? i was wondering this about my Happy.

AmberMuffinz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Interesting post! I'll have to keep a watch on this. Neelix is very young so I can't help there.