• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ok, so now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveTiels

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amanda T
I go to check on the birds a half hour ago. i found a broken egg in mika and riley's cage.

I took their box away, i took light away, i socialized them with people and my other tiels. something to get their minds off breeding. I figured well, Riley hasnt figured out "where the hole is" so i figured, no harm. well, he found the hole. so what do i do now?

I put the box back up and put the broken egg in there so they'd know where to lay. once they go in there more, i guess i will take out the broken one. what do i do if she keeps laying from perches? this is a problem she had with her last owners too. I'm just worried she will just keep trying to replace them and get sick.

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
Well this is her first time laying the eggs, so just keep trying and give it some time. She might just need to get used to the box.

ILoveTiels

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amanda T
No, she laid other eggs with her previous owners. she just dropped them from the top perch.

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
I mean with you. She's still in a new home. This is her first time laying eggs with you so I wouldn't get upset right away. Just try things as you can and hopefully things will turn out better. :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
well this is where false eggs come in handy.....you can buy them on line at birdsupplynh.com....or pm me and I will mail you a couple for nothing but I live in Canada so it wou ld take some time....a nest box is not recommended..if she keeps laying eggs, t hen she really needs a rest as s he is chronic...just let her lay the egg on a paper towel placed over t he grate.then take it away (if it is broken or if you don't want babies) and replace it with the false one...also 12-14 hours night...change their perches etc around. provide extra calci rich foods etc...

ILoveTiels

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amanda T
i didnt give her the box back til today. i even put them in different cages and changed all the perched around and toys and food dishes. i switched up everything i could, even the placement of the cage. they get light from 8-9 am when i wake up til 6-7 pm. i will let them raise maybe one clutch a year. but after that i will do fakes. if eggs continue to be laid on the floor, then i will get fakes. I saw a few bites on the broken one. is this ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.