• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Oh The Things We Do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

raddaughter

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dominique
So my family has four dogs: one male Boxer (Herschel), two male Toy Poodles (Tex and Redford) and my baby, Coquette Jolie. She is technically a mini poodle, but is literally on the border (Toys are under 10" and she stands exactly 10"!). We adopted her last year right before Thankgiving when my precious Vixie (TP) passed away suddenly. She is a fantastic dog: super playful, spunky, well manered, beautiful, very well trained and housebroken (we got her at 9 months old, she was housbroken and trained by her second owner after the first gave up we're her third and final home).

Anywho, the only thing that she is quirky about is her food. We feed the raw diet and she was eating kibble. Now, I don't know of any dog that would turn down real, fresh meat, but she REFUSED to touch it! Eventually, she did eat the raw, but only tripe and a little chicken...grrr. We try beef, organ meat, NOTHING! Then we try kibble again. Nope. I have had her sample every dog food available in the US and no luck. So plan B, I cook for her. Cooked chicken and rice and she LOVES that, but unfortunately, the amount of food she needs makes it difficult to keep it fresh, even if it has been frozen. Then, a discovery! She prefers VEGETABLES over meat! I'm telling you, my dog wants to be a veggetarian! So now here's what I'm doing:
A mixture of kibble (Taste of the Wild), organ meat, chicken and rice/chicken broth, and veggies. She eats the veggies first, then everything else...I swear, people think I'm crazy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.