• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

NEW PRODUCT Oh, oh, oh, My Hearts in a WHiRL ~ I love, I love, my Little Calendar Girl!

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Come on guys - I ordered almost 1/2 of that amount yesterday. This is for those poor damned birds that people let down and then let down again.

I should clarify. :) That was the profit not the total sales. ;) The orders keep coming though!!!! And we are all broke from the weekend. Lol

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Thank you everyone!!!
This is going to be amazing!!!
In case you want to see what has been raised so far, I am at $923 :D
Not including the calendar.

@Hankmacaw if you were in Canada, there are quite a few special GW that could have used your home well :)

There have been some really happy stories, one family had their bird stolen and it turned up at the refuge!
Many have gone to homes where they are totally spoiled.
There are still 300 mostly large macaws and cockatoos, and greys.
All the Ekkies went to a fantastic home to heal and recuperate.
Some birds have been returned all ready. So many are used to their large flocks that when they are put in a home with just one other bird or the only bird, it is upsetting and they won't settle.
Others have been sent back because they are aggressive.
Blue and Barry are reunited today!!! Blue had a bad foot infection, they both were at the clinic for months, but Barry was fine. When Blue was placed in Barry's cage, she would revert and decline again, so they were separated. Now Blue is well enough to stand up to Barry and was flown to the Rescue where Barry is being rehabbed so they can be together again :) If he continues to bully, it may not be healthy for Blue.
Britney the little Zon who was paralyzed needed a retired person;s home where she could be fussed over all day. And she got that! She went to a Nurse's home, perfect.

One foster home has 35 greys, they didn't get any toys last time, I might bring some there this week with the money we raised.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Thank you everyone!!!
This is going to be amazing!!!
In case you want to see what has been raised so far, I am at $923 :D
Not including the calendar.

@Hankmacaw if you were in Canada, there are quite a few special GW that could have used your home well :)

There have been some really happy stories, one family had their bird stolen and it turned up at the refuge!
Many have gone to homes where they are totally spoiled.
There are still 300 mostly large macaws and cockatoos, and greys.
All the Ekkies went to a fantastic home to heal and recuperate.
Some birds have been returned all ready. So many are used to their large flocks that when they are put in a home with just one other bird or the only bird, it is upsetting and they won't settle.
Others have been sent back because they are aggressive.
Blue and Barry are reunited today!!! Blue had a bad foot infection, they both were at the clinic for months, but Barry was fine. When Blue was placed in Barry's cage, she would revert and decline again, so they were separated. Now Blue is well enough to stand up to Barry and was flown to the Rescue where Barry is being rehabbed so they can be together again :) If he continues to bully, it may not be healthy for Blue.
Britney the little Zon who was paralyzed needed a retired person;s home where she could be fussed over all day. And she got that! She went to a Nurse's home, perfect.

One foster home has 35 greys, they didn't get any toys last time, I might bring some there this week with the money we raised.

:sad7:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Where's our Tupperware collector?
@saroj12
ex tupperware collector! I haven't bought one yet! I don't use wall calendars but maybe my vet would like one!
okay i bought a large for the clinic! She can hang in the bird exam room :)

Last edited:

Jaguar

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
It turned out great :)

I might try to crunch some more commissions so I can buy one, but $40 is a lot. Online shopping with CAD is so painful.

Last edited:

bicmeister

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
yay! i'll order one later tonight or later this week. I still have a fever so yesterday was all sleep :(

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
kk Got one! :fairy2:The Misses will appreciate a Christmas Pressie wrapped up! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Got my calendars yesterday! They are awesome! :D

Heather F

Are there any cheaper shipping options available somewhere buried in the menus? I was going to order one but $13 USD for shipping to Canada is highway robbery. There's no way it actually costs them anywhere near that much to send a magazine-sized flat packet.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Are there any cheaper shipping options available somewhere buried in the menus? I was going to order one but $13 USD for shipping to Canada is highway robbery. There's no way it actually costs them anywhere near that much to send a magazine-sized flat packet.

What shipping methods is it offering? Do you get choices?

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
It looks great!