• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Oh my, today must be the day for flying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

evsrin

Rollerblading along the road
:rofl::omg:I am shocked right now. I've let Tiki's wings grow out, the last time I clipped him was probably about 2 months ago:confused: Well it's not something that I can allow forever, I know the importance of them flying and getting the exercise. So I decided we'd do some time clipped and some time flighted. Little did I know the flighted time would come so soon!

He's been flying very short distances, like from my hand to the cage or his boing on the ceiling. But never longer then a couple feet.

So, I was in here on the computer, Tiki was on the desk. I had a towel layed out so he could eat his warm meal (he flings it everywhere:hehe:). I was cleaning up and took his dish into the kitchen, and I'm standing there rinsing it out when all of a sudden he lands on my shoulder!!! Like a Pro!:shocked3:

He was on the computer desk down a hallway. He had to navigate out of the bedroom, through the hallway, and then turn left to get into the kitchen where I was! I can't believe he made it all the way to my shoulder, I would have thought he'd crash land in the hallway or end up in the living room which would have been easier then getting to me! :rofl:

He had to have known exactly where I was standing (at the sink) perhaps by the noise or something, because for him to turn the corner and land on me is crazy. Lmao, it was like he knew where I was and decided he wasn't waiting for me to come back to get him! (I was gone a whole 5 seconds:rofl:)

Wow, I'm just cracking up at this... I guess I have a flighted bird now!:lol:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
things are just getting interesting thanks for sharing

Carmenellie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
I'm really excited for you! I hope Basil becomes that skilled of a navigator when his flight feathers grow in. :) Now that he can fly, is he hard to put away?

P.S. Basil just rolled onto his back and then rolled off my desk. *eye roll* At least he landed on my lap.

evsrin

Rollerblading along the road
I'm really excited for you! I hope Basil becomes that skilled of a navigator when his flight feathers grow in. :) Now that he can fly, is he hard to put away?

P.S. Basil just rolled onto his back and then rolled off my desk. *eye roll* At least he landed on my lap.
Haha, that's cute. Tiki doesn't play on his back at all. :( I can flip him but he's not very comfortable... he doesn't bite, I can just tell he's tense.

So far he has not had an attitude change or become difficult. He hasn't flown away from me, only to me:) Well, he will fly to his cage when I'm already walking him over there and I'm sure that's because I've been encouraging it to get him to start flying. I haven't had an issues yet though... we will cross that bridge if/when we get to it!

It's so special to see them fly! I got him to do it for my Husband to see a couple days ago. I took Tiki and set him on my computer desk and we were sitting at the kitchen table. Sure enough, he came flying through and landed on his cage. My Husband was like "That was so cool, I didn't even hear him coming!":)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
wahoooooooooooooo wonderful news

Status
Not open for further replies.