• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

oh, ewwwwwwww - MAY BE DISTURBING TO SOME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I found a very disturbing thing on Ebay today regarding DYAs, so you might not want to read any further if you're a very sensitive person........

:eek: I found a listing for a "preserved" DYA. Complete with photo.

:omg:! I was just looking for DYA things and found the listing. Uh!
:shudders:

EWWWWW!

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
How wierd.

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
What the? :eek:

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:huh:Thats just crazy

KimKimWilliamson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
By preserved do you mean stuffed? Why would anyone want that?? Unless maybe a museum or something.....yuck.

Lex123

Isn't it illeagal to sell animals? Even dead... That is so disgusting....Cold you PM me the link??

Bahama's Momma

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Shauna Hill
:gag:ewwww is right, can't imagine there would be a lot people bidding :rolleyes:

MoluccanZoey

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather
On ebay I once saw an ad for african grey feathers. So I clicked on it, and they were still attached to the WINGS. Yeah, someone cut off its wings and were selling them. (I only hope it died naturally). THAT was the most disturbing ad I've ever seen.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Isn't it illeagal to sell animals? Even dead... That is so disgusting....Cold you PM me the link??
I believe that is only certain animal such as CITES protected animals.

Matt

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
that really creeps me out

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
The earliest known pieces of taxidermy date from the beginning of the sixteenth century... I have no issue with it as long as the animal is not killed for the sole purpose of 'stuffing'.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
That's strange...by preserved if they mean stuffed, I guess that's a bit odd, but not quite as gross. But if its like..soaking in some fermeldahyde or something, that's a little bit out there.
@Zoey- Ohhh, that would disturb me to no end :( I hope the bird died of natural causes too.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Kim, yes. That's what I mean. The ad claims the bird passed away from natural causes. Ugh.

I just searched again in order to send Lexus the link. There are two bids thus far. Man, that's just too much. :eek:

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
On ebay I once saw an ad for african grey feathers. So I clicked on it, and they were still attached to the WINGS. Yeah, someone cut off its wings and were selling them. (I only hope it died naturally). THAT was the most disturbing ad I've ever seen.
That really is disturbing!! I don't know how someone could even go through with it or even consider chopping a birds wings off, dead or not. :(

SultanMyM2

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Wayne
I once knew a guy who was big into hunting, his walls were covered w/ all his trophies well he had a hunting dog that was hit by a car & killed so he had him freeze dried & placed in a glass sealed box w/ the dog in a sitting position & his favorite ball next to him.. I found that extremely morbid but hey some people just cant be w/ out there pets dead or alive ..

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I knew someone who had her tarantula freeze dried, but the cat got to it, destroyed it and hid some pieces. My pal discovered some pieces months later. She thought the cat ate the spider, but no, appears not.

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I once knew a guy who was big into hunting, his walls were covered w/ all his trophies well he had a hunting dog that was hit by a car & killed so he had him freeze dried & placed in a glass sealed box w/ the dog in a sitting position & his favorite ball next to him.. I found that extremely morbid but hey some people just cant be w/ out there pets dead or alive ..
Oh wow :eek: I've never heard of someone doing that, it'd be a bit freaky, but each to their own. It makes me feel sorry for the guy, he obviously loved the dog a lot to do something like that.. maybe it helped him through the greiving stage and he couldn't part with the dog. :(

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
that is quite creepy!

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
That is just weird.
The wing thing though is just wrong.

I understand the taxidermy thing being married to a hunter.
But that's what cremation is for. I'm sorry but I couldn't do that to my dogs. Because over time I'm sure it will start to not look as nice. I much prefer having our old dog in a pretty cedar box with her toys and pictures around her.

Status
Not open for further replies.