• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Odor removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
I have a rather stinky cushion (hubby's favorite spot to sit):) and need suggestions to remove the odor and not harm Bodie.

Any ideas??????

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Is it washable or dry cleanable?

Ginger

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
You could take a wash cloth and wet it with a vinegar water solution and put that in your dryer along with the cushion and tumble dry on low for about 15 minutes. I have done this with a couch cushion before.

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
You could take a wash cloth and wet it with a vinegar water solution and put that in your dryer along with the cushion and tumble dry on low for about 15 minutes. I have done this with a couch cushion before.

What a great idea. I will try that. Thanks.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
if it unzips off the actual cushion, It should have a tag inside on how to wash it, but most items are fine in the washer on Delicate cycle. and in the dryer on low heat or even hang it outside to dry, if you don't have a clothes line but have a banister Just lay it over top of it, or Clothes pin it to a hanger and hang the hanger over the banister or a pole or something

congobongo

Meeting neighbors
The water and vinegar thing sounds perfect. One other thing after that is you could let it air out outside for a few hours.

*K*J*B*

Real Name
Kylee
Use a water & vinegar solution in a spray bottle... spray the ENTIRE cushion evenly so you don't get "spots" when it dries. Take it outside and let air dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.