• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Nutriberries size question...

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Anyone offhand know if there is a distinct size and ingredient difference between the tiel vs conure nutri berries and/or pellet berries from Lafeber?

Placing an order almost blindly with no size reference on the package and Google isn’t being helpful tonight.

Destiny

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
All the nutriberries I've tried have been the same size, but I haven't specifically tried the ones marked toward conures or cockatiels. I've tried El Paso Nutri-Berries, Garden Veggie Nutri-Berries, Sunny Orchard Nutri-Berries, and Classic Nutri-Berries.

But it looks to me like the conure berries are completely identical to the original parakeet nutriberries. Or at least, whoever put together the images didn't bother changing to a different stock-photo. The ingredient list is slightly different, so I don't know.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
The ingredients are slightly different between the Nutriberries sizes.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Some of them are very hard. Are they supposed to be? Maybe it’s not so much size as stiffness that makes them marketed for certain species. I’m thinking of taking a hammer to mine.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Regular nutriberries are much different than cockatiel sized. I feed my conures the parrot sized. They aren't fond of the smaller ones.

Sometimes they can be super hard. You can sit them in a damp paper towel for a few minutes before you give them to them. I usually just crush them for the ones who won't break them.