• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Not too sure if this is an issue ...

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So I decided Rhaenyra needed a bigger cage, so I found a nice used one on Kijiji ... Its a great size so I cleaned and sanitized it yesterday and then I put in her perches and toys and left it by her for about 4 hours ..she didnt think anything about it went on with her day as if nothing had changed ..So I got her in the cage and she was abit taken back which I expected ..she is only hanging out in the food corner and hasnt really ventured out of that corner ..her water dish is on the other side of the cage .. should I worry about her not drinking due to being scared to venture over to that side of the cage ..Or will the need to drink outweigh the scared issue .. I dont see my other birds drink very often but know they do ... How long do I give it before I change my dishes around so her water is next to her food ... :)

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Have you considered putting a temporary, hang on water dish in?

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Well that would be to easy I prefer to worry ...now why didn't I do that in the first place ..some times the best idea gets lost in the shuffle :confused:

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Definitely make all vital things like food and water available where she is.

Everything else can adjust to on their own time..

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Well that would be to easy I prefer to worry ...now why didn't I do that in the first place ..some times the best idea gets lost in the shuffle :confused:
We all do this now and then, I just love this comment it sums up what happens to the best of us when we are busy worrying!

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So Rhaenyra has seems to have adapted to her new cage ...she was quite for the past 2 days not saying much but this morning she was going at it nonstop ..Im so glad she is back to herself and moving around the new cage well :laughing12:

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
So Rhaenyra has seems to have adapted to her new cage ...she was quite for the past 2 days not saying much but this morning she was going at it nonstop ..Im so glad she is back to herself and moving around the new cage well :laughing12:
Yippy! :bounce4: