• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

not sure where to ask bout droppings..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey

Hit the Road
k so like the title says, i don't really know where to post this, lol.
i just want to know how you all deal with bird droppings when you let them fly/roam around your house. i always get paranoid bout them messing up the carpets or furniture or whatever, so as soon as they do their business, i take them out of the cage and let them do whatever. after about 15-20 minutes, i make sure they are under some sort of paper or whatever to drop on, then let them do whatever again.

personally, i don't really mind them doing it wherever, as long as i see it and clean it up.. but like i've mentioned before; i don't live in my own place. also, any tips on potty training? it seems impossible in my opinion but it does work! ;O

jamie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jamie
It sounds like you are doing everything you can do :) I follow the same sort of plan.
Also, it's a good idea to keep some cloths or paper towels around just to clean up any accidents :)

Birdasaurus

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
IMO the best way to deal with it is to get used to it! No matter how hard I try, they always get a few past me.

I find that a small carpet steam cleaner is the best way to get any missed droppings off of carpeting.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I make sure I have newspaper or something else under the areas they hang out...and I wipe up or change papers often when I catch it.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I clean as they go :) Sometimes with carpet it is easier to let it dry then clean it up. Potty training is not recommended, they can learn to hold it in for so long that they end up with medical problems

Status
Not open for further replies.