• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Not sure if this is the right place but...

Budgie25

Moving in
Real Name
Raina Ithil
My pet bird Spring suddenly died... we dont know why. She seemed pretty healthy, never fluffed up or did anything that could kill her, she exercised a whole lot and ate the right foods. But... shes gone now, and I'm still coming to terms with that...

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I am so sorry this happened. If you wrap her and put her in refrigerator you can get a necropsy to find the cause of death. Call you vet and ask for one. If you do not want to do this it will be hard to find the cause. Again, I am so sorry. Sending birdie hugs.

Last edited:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh no, I’m so very sorry for your loss of Spring.
:sadhug2:

Budgie25

Moving in
Real Name
Raina Ithil
I am so sorry this happened. If you wrap her and put her in refrigerator you can get a necropsy to find the cause of death. Call you vet and ask for one. If you do not want to do this it will be hard to find the cause. Again, I am so sorry. Sending birdie hugs.

We can't go to a vet anymore, sadly. Anyway we just noticed how dark Spring's beak was before her time of death, does that indicate something? Her companion Winter is also chirping really loudly, like she's looking for Spring. Winter fluffs up sometimes, but her feathers seem to be sleek and shiny otherwise. Is she going to... as well?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

Budgie25

Moving in
Real Name
Raina Ithil
So my other bird Spring suddenly died and we found the cause. And turns out- Spring is a boy!

He was sick from the beginning, having organ issues and... he broke her neck. Winter is fine and completely healthy, and is now friends with a 4-5 year old budgie named Spring II!

BirdG1rl

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Mara M.M
:sadhug2:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I´m sorry for your loss.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We can't go to a vet anymore, sadly. Anyway we just noticed how dark Spring's beak was before her time of death, does that indicate something? Her companion Winter is also chirping really loudly, like she's looking for Spring. Winter fluffs up sometimes, but her feathers seem to be sleek and shiny otherwise. Is she going to... as well?
I’m afraid none of us can tell you whether your other bird will die because we don’t know why you lost your sweet Spring. When my Kuiper died, the other two budgies would flock call for him for a few days. Luckily, my two remaining birds keep each other company.

A necropsy or a vet visit for your remaining bird is the only way to find out if Spring died because of something contagious.

I really am so very sorry for your loss!!

Reactions: tka

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry for your loss of little Spring.