• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

not sure if my new blue is drinking water

Status
Not open for further replies.

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
I have been watching Niki for 2 days now and have not seen her drinking any water unless she drinks it a night when she goes to bed or I have just missed it, I can tell when Opey has because he likes to dunks his pellets in his water bowl and I haven't seen her do that yet , you would think the pellets are a little dry and she would get thirsty but when I check her water its clear no food in it and it looks fresh, this surely has me puzzled and she used to drink water , maybe the water is to cold? maybe I should give it to her room tempature? its filtered water we have a water filter on the facet but I usually fill a picture of water and put it in the frig for the birds , Opey loves his drinking water Ice cold, Rudy and Kc my other 2 don't care about the temp they just like water Any Ideas ? she has a vet appointment for next thursday for a general checkup and maybe a beak trim her beak looks a little ragedy so I want him to check it out plus she rubs her beak against the cage bars alot

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
I have had my quaker for about 4 months now, and yet have seen her drink a drop of water. Usually birds just take a quick dip here and there you have to be there at the right moment to catch them in the act, unless of course they are bathing in it and splashing it all over.

Last edited:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Just because your other bird dunks, doesn't mean the Quaker would/will. I highly doubt she hasn't drank.. I'd say she's drinking while you're not around (they can be sneaky like that) but you could try not having it as cold as the others get theirs.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I would bet she is drinking when you are not looking. Unless you are changing her water quite frequently it will warm up to room temperature in the cage fairly quickly

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
I give them all fresh water around 10am every day and I change Opey's at night before he goes to bed because his is always a mess like soup lol the rest I don't change until the next morning , I will stop giving her real cold water and maybe I can catch her drinking some , I can save the ice cold water for Opey lol he even likes ice cubes in his water

Status
Not open for further replies.