• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

noise ?

Happynme

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
I know its impossible to know for sure what im talking about without hearing said sound but i can never catch happy doing it at the time.
Anyways happy makes this noise that im curious if its normal.
Its a noise that sounds similar to a sneeze hiccup blowing a rasberry all in one. Anyone know what this is? :huh:

LoveBird<3

Walking the driveway
If it's what I'm thinking of, it might be a little birdy sneeze. My bird sneezes every so often, especially when it's taking a bath and water goes up its "nostrils". If Happy is doing this every so often, it should be fine, but if it's a lot more than once or twice every day or so, you might want to take Happy to the vet (especially if there's any sort of discharge).

And if it's not sneezing, then... Umm... I'm sorry to have wasted your time. xD

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
If it's what I'm thinking of, it might be a little birdy sneeze. My bird sneezes every so often, especially when it's taking a bath and water goes up its "nostrils". If Happy is doing this every so often, it should be fine, but if it's a lot more than once or twice every day or so, you might want to take Happy to the vet (especially if there's any sort of discharge).

And if it's not sneezing, then... Umm... I'm sorry to have wasted your time. xD
Never a waste.of.time to respond silly!!!!

I thought sneeze myself but if your looking at him when he does it its a sound he is choosing to make,
Its not an involentary action best i can tell.
I think i may have figured it out. I have a yapper dog ...he has a highpitched yap...whenhes barking his fool head off in the back yard is when happy does it most.
So maybe hes attempting a bark

LoveBird<3

Walking the driveway
Oh, that may be it. Lovebirds seem to like to mimic, even though they aren't known for talking... :) If you ever catch Happy doing it, I'd love to see a video of him barking. :D

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Oh, that may be it. Lovebirds seem to like to mimic, even though they aren't known for talking... :) If you ever catch Happy doing it, I'd love to see a video of him barking. :D
Well i may be wrong as to what it is, it may be just what you said

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
My lovie has an actual sneeze noise he makes. He learned it from my conures, in the video he does it right after my conure sneezes in the background. The one that does it is the one that only has one foot.

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
My lovie has an actual sneeze noise he makes. He learned it from my conures, in the video he does it right after my conure sneezes in the background. The one that does it is the one that only has one foot.

Awww they are adorable. Thats not the sound im hearing but i have heard happy sneeze once. Time will tell i.suppose. its hard to.discribe....kinda of like a hiccup sneeze rasberry :p sound.

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Figured out what sound she's making now! As she was bathing in my hands under the faucet...she pushed air and water out her nose and bingo there was the sound. And now that i think about it everytime she's done it before....she was in front of her water bowl. . So she's cleaning her nose...lol!

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Such a proper little miss...not! :hilarious:

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen