• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Nippy and squawky

Joelle

Walking the driveway
Lately my two linnies have been nippier with each other than usual. They make an irritated sound when preening sometimes and if one is in the other's way on a perch. They also do mating positions but no eggs. I worry a bit because it seems like aggressive behaviour but they are a bonded pair so I haven't separated them. They have started to do this at night in thier sleep cage too...

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

wyrinth

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
My guys have arguments. I almost never separate them, except for this year when my male, Stitch, went crazy and was screeching and dive bombing the female....but that was due to mating and wanting to start another clutch. If they are just irritated with each other, but don't harass the other one, then I would leave them. As for the mating....linnies seem to be a very "loving" species and I see my two mate even off season.

Joelle

Walking the driveway
My guys have arguments. I almost never separate them, except for this year when my male, Stitch, went crazy and was screeching and dive bombing the female....but that was due to mating and wanting to start another clutch. If they are just irritated with each other, but don't harass the other one, then I would leave them. As for the mating....linnies seem to be a very "loving" species and I see my two mate even off season.

Good to know! They make an awful screechy noise once a day when working on pin feathers, so maybe they are just really vocal about the discomfort!
Once, but only once they got into a tif and it looked like one bit the other's foot but it was hard to tell and that was half a year ago.

Macgyver

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
My family is a single-bird home, so when one of us would hit a sore pin feather, we would occasionally get an extreme reaction, like head-wagging super-crabbing.