• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Night time rituals...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Since Tweety has been here, our bedtime routine has changed a bit. Every one still gets covered at 6:30...except Tweety...he stays up past that time...and doesn't get covered up, so we put him in the computer room so he doesn't keep the others awake. And when he's in the computer room, I can share some quality time with him until bedtime. But before Tweety goes to his room, he has to tell me he's going there -per my wife's orders.
So last night, she brought Tweets into Milton's room where I was...this followed...

Kathy: (to Tweety) Tell Dad you want to talk to him...

Milton: (noticing Kathy and Tweety) "WAT DAT?" (knowing full well who they are)

Kathy: That's Tweety, Milton...

Milton: "I KNOW DAT...DAT A BIRD!"

I've been watching this going on, so I naturally butt in...

Me: You know he's a bird...you see him every day...

Milton: "BUT I A PRETTY PRETTY BIRD!"

Kathy: Yes, we know you're a pretty bird, Milton...Tweety is a pretty bird, too.

Milton picks up a pellet, and throws it in the general direction of Tweety...

Milton: "YOU GO NOW!"

Oh, boy....:rolleyes:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
LOL. Too funny.

I'm glad Tweety is doing well. Even though Milton isn't thrilled with him. LOL. Elvis on the other hand, I think really likes Scooter. Well, as much as Elvis can like another bird. Elvis in general isn't overly bird-orientated.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I'm glad Tweety is doing well.
Yes, he has become a strong member of our flock. :)

Tweets definitely has an independent spirit here, once he found out that every birdie has a lot of freedom to do their own thing. He still has a thing for the budgies (they don't give a darn about him ;)) and he's now starting to follow Igor around, which pleases me a lot...:D

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh Milton, don’t worry, no need to be jealous of Tweety in that loving household! :heart2:
Tweety sounds like an absolute joy.:heart:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Oh Milton! You are a PRETTY PRETTY BIRD. But Tweety is just a pretty bird. So see you win and are still the prettiest bird in the house.

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
I just love Milton. Umbrellas are very intelligent and interesting, I have been doing a lot of reading on the Facebook cockatoo group and it seems they are really something else! There's one that has broken every lock on his cage, creeps out in the middle of the night, lets animals out of their cages, makes a mess all over the floor, then walks down the hall to his mom's bedroom door and knocks on the door!!!! She's beside herself and of course it sounds hilarious but it's NOT! :jawdrop1: lol I just can't imagine! She said he does it because he thinks he's funny, wow!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
There's one that has broken every lock on his cage, creeps out in the middle of the night, lets animals out of their cages, makes a mess all over the floor, then walks down the hall to his mom's bedroom door and knocks on the door!!!! She's beside herself and of course it sounds hilarious but it's NOT! :jawdrop1: lol I just can't imagine! She said he does it because he thinks he's funny, wow!
...that sounds like Milton. ;)

...and I don't doubt that he does all those things...and laughs about it...as Milty does all the time...:rolleyes:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Tweety sounds like an absolute joy.:heart:
...I was a bit concerned when he came to us...I didn't know how he would react to our "flock" of tiels...or how they would react to him. Tiels adapt well to new situations, but I didn't want Igor and Sunshine to pair up and hassle the newbie. They really did welcome Tweets into their flock, but it took a little time for Tweets to trust them.

Even though they all do get along, we still watch their interactions closely...just to be on the safe side...;)