• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Newbie alert!

Status
Not open for further replies.

avianantics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
Welcome!

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie

I'm also an outdoor watcher-Have Been for MANY Years:) My daughter used to get a kick out of Me cause I was always stopping along the road to watch an American Kestrel or a Red tailed Hawk,or even a Red winnged Blackbird-Etc-Etc:D

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
:hello::welave:

Cydney

Real Name
Cydney
Lara! Glad you're here!! How's Mr. Rico and the gang?

Last edited:

gayla

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gayla
Awwwww one of my favorite bird people.....Lara, I'm so glad you are here. Maybe you should post the video of Freddie & Rocky having a deep conversation....LOL :rofl:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Hello and welcome!

Lara Joseph

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lara Joseph
Wow, thanks for the most awesome welcomes.

I've heard nothing but good about this site and so good to see some familiar faces.

I've been meaning to get back in here and take more of a look around and plan on doing so later. Just been swamped and glad to be swamped.

I should post some videos here soon. I heard Rico's Peek A Boo video was on Avian Enrichments latest newsletter.

I'll check back in later tonight. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
Hello and welcome to the Avenue! We can't wait to hear about your flock!

Prince Toasty Buns

Jogging around the block
Hello Lara,

Great to see you that you have joined the ranks here to share your expertise from your experiences in the behavior field. :cool:

I hear that you make/sell quality foraging toys. I would like to purchase a bunch of them in the near future, probably right after the holidays. Hope you will have some left by then.

Looked at your video where Rico & you are playing peek-a-boo. Cracked me up. I am gonna have to try that with some of my own flock members here :rofl:.

That full flight aviary you built outside is so cool. Bet your birds feel like they are in heaven. Will keep my fingers crossed that your netting holds up thru another winter.

Prince Toasty Buns (PTB)

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
lol. I haven't been a newbie on a forum in years and it feels weird.

I've heard great things about this forum and see a few familiar members.

A great site. It looks great.

A little about myself. I'm very passionate about birds. It began with parrots and still focuses on parrots but sharing my life and my home with these most intelligent and unique creatures has given me a wandering eye to the skies of where ever I am. It is no new venture for me to slam on the brakes to pull to the side of the road to watch and evening wave of starlings dancing in uniform or to veer to the other side to watch a falcon in pursuit of its hunt. I've always got my finger hovering over the hazard light button and always awaiting the welcome from my four parrots when I get home.

You posted last night and I went to your blog and read all about Sidney. I cried, what a beautiful story. I forwarded it to a few friends who also thought it was inspiring. I subscribed to your blog and am excited to read more of what you write on training and behavior.

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Welcome!

Lara Joseph

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lara Joseph
Hello Lara,

Great to see you that you have joined the ranks here to share your expertise from your experiences in the behavior field. :cool:

I hear that you make/sell quality foraging toys. I would like to purchase a bunch of them in the near future, probably right after the holidays. Hope you will have some left by then.

Looked at your video where Rico & you are playing peek-a-boo. Cracked me up. I am gonna have to try that with some of my own flock members here :rofl:.

That full flight aviary you built outside is so cool. Bet your birds feel like they are in heaven. Will keep my fingers crossed that your netting holds up thru another winter.

Prince Toasty Buns (PTB)
Thanks again everyone. I've been swamped and plan on being able to come on here and spend some more time looking around after the beginning of the year.

PTB, my foraging toys are pretty popular and thanks for the fingers crossed on the aviary holding up through hopefully another winter. Last year the ice hit hard which weights it down and makes me hold my breath. The birds love it and it's neat to open up the windows in the back of the house and let them fly through the house and out the window into the aviary. It's the best thing I could have done for them. Now I'd love to make it about 10 times bigger. I would love to screen in an acre for them. THAT would be awesome.

Thanks again for the warm welcomes everyone. Vicki, glad you enjoyed Sidney's story. She taught me the world. ;) Merry Christmas everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.