• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

new lovie owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cynthia
Well, I think due to another thread I may have been able to tell if I have boys and girls for the three. Haven't had them sex'd but pretty sure the two are boys due to the beaks and pelvic width and attitude of sweeter than sunshine who is just full of mean and rounded beak and wide pelvic. we will see.
the other real question is they don't play with toys. do you think it is because they have been in a cage of about 20 others and not toy socialized? what kind of toys do lovies like? is there a preference?

Babybreau

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tanya
They may just not have been exposed to toys or the right kind of toys.
I have 3 lovies and they all love anything paper. I've even just balled up paper and tossed it into a pile in the corner of the cage. They love anything shreddable, with bells, makes noise, popsicle/craft sticks, soft balsa, sisal, coconut rope, cotton rope for preening, anything wicker and woven. Sherbert has just finally discovered my 2 tents!

I hope this helps!!

J*M*L

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Julie
They may just not have been exposed to toys or the right kind of toys.
I have 3 lovies and they all love anything paper. I've even just balled up paper and tossed it into a pile in the corner of the cage. They love anything shreddable, with bells, makes noise, popsicle/craft sticks, soft balsa, sisal, coconut rope, cotton rope for preening, anything wicker and woven. Sherbert has just finally discovered my 2 tents!

I hope this helps!!
That's exactly what I would've suggested! Show us some pics!

LaceyRead

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lacey
Same here, think you just have to give them time, and lots of toys to explore. Mango came from similar circumstances, but then again I did get her pretty young. I agree with toys that make noise, Mango loves to make her toys clatter! And anything this can tear apart!

Status
Not open for further replies.