• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New here..Quebec city, Canada.

Gary M.

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Gary Mercier
Hello to all! I am an experienced bird owner.....exotic,and in the past ...wild( hand fed orphans and zoo therapy subjects.)
i am experienced but new to the Lineolated species. We had a parrotlet, Celestial Toui but unfortunately had an accident with a human foot and did not survive the impact . After 2weeks of mourning I had to get another buddy,even though we have a Bourque . So, I discovered the Linnie....I. breifly picked up info from several breeders and finally got one! His name is Picasso!...a cobalt Linnie.
yesterday I discovered your forum and found very interesting...nothing better than sharing personal experiences in the learning process!
so here I am..ready to share with others! One of my biology talents is the behavioural side of animals in general but especially birds. My little guy is only 8weeks old,have had him since the past two weeks...and yes, I have just weaned him yesterday. Even that young,I have quickly learned how to "read him"...by sound and behaviour ...now...we are getting acquainted and his attachment to me is kicking in!!....but, I don’t claim to know everything about Linnies..especially that fact of linnies not liking hands!!!...now that is new to me!!
so here I am and I will have a precise question to ask in this forum...soon to come!

introducing...Picasso!!

93620726-ADCC-4713-8D03-0F490B847B7D.jpeg

Hermesbird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cat
WELCOME!! Picasso Is adorable! Very interested in learning about your experience with your baby Linnie, I have a blue parrotlet and they are funny furious balls of fluff

Gary M.

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Gary Mercier
My parottlet was green and held a LOT of space in our household even though he couldn’t fly...he picked up on the habit of clipping himself his flight feathers ...unfortunately,to his demise, the fact he was always on the floor ended up in his death...after a short five years of life!
But our linnie will be changing everything!!! Thanks for your message

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome to the Avenue Gary and Picasso! 1.welcome signs.gif

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Great to see another linnie on the forum! We're sort of linnies. They are highly underrated!

@Dona @NorthernGannet

As a rule, it appears that linnies are not very hands on birds. My Lonnie HATES fingers, but enjoys human company. It just seems to be a species trait.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Welcome

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!

NorthernGannet

Sprinting down the street
Welcome! I have a parrotlet and 4 linnies and would like to hire you to come do a behavioral study on my crazy flock :lol:Seriously, that would be cool if we lived closer. I hope you find this site helpful!

-NG

Reactions: Ali

JewellBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Miranda
Welcome to the Avenue!

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
Welcome! :welcomeavenue: Picasso is adorable! :heart:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome! Your linnie is very cute.

Gary M.

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Gary Mercier
Great to see another linnie on the forum! We're sort of linnies. They are highly underrated!

@Dona @NorthernGannet

As a rule, it appears that linnies are not very hands on birds. My Lonnie HATES fingers, but enjoys human company. It just seems to be a species trait.

@Dona @NorthernGannet

Welcome to the Avenue Gary and Picasso! View attachment 359495
Thank you for your message.From Málaga huh....you’re in a beautiful place...nice and warm for all your little friends and you seem to have quite a few! Do you also speak French? We are regulars that travel to a little village In SW France on the coast. A fishing village right out of the Middle Ages!
Imagine...since yesterday I found a way to encourage my Picasso to step out and up on my hand....all that for a tiny piece of black sunflower seed. This is the perfect reward to train young “hookbills“,like we call them in French..les becs crocu! I still have a lot of work to do...he’s 8weeks,soon 9, and all he wants to do is to fly off and explore!
We also have a pink Bourque parakeet. In the morning I whistle to my linnie in a certain way that makes him call quite loud...this morning he screamed exactly the way an African Grey would do!! I was quite surprised of the power in his vocal cords!!
So have yourself a Good Friday now and tell me more about your little” soccer team”!!

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Bonjour et bienvenue! :hello1:

Picasso est un beau petit perroquet!

Gary M.

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Gary Mercier
Thank you for your message.From Málaga huh....you’re in a beautiful place...nice and warm for all your little friends and you seem to have quite a few! Do you also speak French? We are regulars that travel to a little village In SW France on the coast. A fishing village right out of the Middle Ages!
Imagine...since yesterday I found a way to encourage my Picasso to step out and up on my hand....all that for a tiny piece of black sunflower seed. This is the perfect reward to train young “hookbills“,like we call them in French..les becs crocu! I still have a lot of work to do...he’s 8weeks,soon 9, and all he wants to do is to fly off and explore!
We also have a pink Bourque parakeet. In the morning I whistle to my linnie in a certain way that makes him call quite loud...this morning he screamed exactly the way an African Grey would do!! I was quite surprised of the power in his vocal cords!!
So have yourself a Good Friday now and tell me more about your little” soccer team”!!
About hookbills in French...it’s " les bec CROCHUS”...had to correct that spelling mistake!

Gary M.

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Gary Mercier
Bonjour et bienvenue! :hello1:

Picasso est un beau petit perroquet!
Alllooo... et il de votre message! Êtes vous du Québec vivant au USA?? Quel genre d’oiseau(x) avez vous?

Gary M.

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Gary Mercier
Alllooo... et il de votre message! Êtes vous du Québec vivant au USA?? Quel genre d’oiseau(x) avez vous?
Oops..je voulais ècrire, " merci de votre message"