• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

new hawkhead?

snowbird

Meeting neighbors
There's an eleven old hawkhead up for rehome 4 hours away for 1750.00, includes 2 cages and box of toys.
She's had the same owner since being a baby. hand tamed, but boyfriend moved in and Loki decided he was her mate, now hates the owner, attacks her. They unfortunately decided to rehome her.

I know if I got her, it will take awhile for her to adjust. I'm not sure what to do. The owner loves her, and just wants the best for her.

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Please don't get her, you have a bird with PBFD. It would be irresponsible to expose another bird to the PBFD.

Last edited:

snowbird

Meeting neighbors
Hello
Oh, sorry, I have an update about Maddie. I got her retested, as I was researching. Studies suggested to retest after 90 days, as it may come back negative. I retested Maddie a couple months ago, and she's Negative!! She' s almost one year old, and very healthy. If she was positive, there would be no way I was getting another bird.

snowbird

Meeting neighbors
I have decided not to get her. I think she is too bonded to her male owner. I am so happy with my flock of matilda (maddie) and atticus (attie). , I don't want to mess that up. Things have been very stressful lately with my dad dying suddenly 6 weeks ago, and now we have to care for mom.
it's not a good time for another bird. Plus, maddie, even though she was hand fed, she was from a birdie mill, not hand socialized. It's taken close to a year for her to trust me, I don't think another bird will help. I have to spend all my attention with the birds I have now. Attie, Is true to being a caique, a very naughty boy, needing a daily time out. LOL> I just love my cuban amazon, and white belly caique, I am going to spend as much time with them as I can and train them. Plus, I had to put down one of my old dogs, and my second dog is getting older, she's always wanting to be with me. I am happy with my family, so why mess it up? Plus, it's a long term commitment, for many, many years. I heard a hawkhead is similar to a caique, if that's true, I can only handle one. LOL