• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures New Feathered Family Members :)

CheekyBeaks

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Ann-Marie
I have two new additions to the family :D I had been planning on a new breeding pair of birds for some time and was hoping for Jandays, so on a visit back to the breeder on Saturday I bought Guiseppe from I chose these two beauties. They are around 2 years old the female has the darker skin around her eyes, this is due to exposure to the sunlight being in a large flight aviary and the male has lighter skin around his eyes.
I still haven't been able to decide on names yet but they are both sweeties and have been giving me kisses through the cage bars and are taking treats already.

Jenday_hen_01_16thMarch2014.jpg Jenday_hen_02_16thMarch2014.jpg Jenday_male_01_16thMarch2014.jpg Jenday_male_02_16thMarch2014.jpg Jenday_pair_01_16thMarch2014.jpg

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
they are gorgeous..and I su re hope they will be given a better life than most breeder birds end up in

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
They are beautiful.

CheekyBeaks

Real Name
Ann-Marie
they are gorgeous..and I su re hope they will be given a better life than most breeder birds end up in
Don't worry they are and will continue to be spoilt rotten, I love my breeding pairs just as much as my companion birds and are given the best of care, the best food, enrichment etc.... If they don't breed, that's fine too they will always be loved and cherished here regardless.

Trinity23

Real Name
Heather
What about susan or suzie for the girl? the dark eyes in the yellow remind me of a flower we have here called a black eyed susan.

CheekyBeaks

Real Name
Ann-Marie
What about susan or suzie for the girl? the dark eyes in the yellow remind me of a flower we have here called a black eyed susan.
I love the name but my aunties name is Susan, it may get a bit confusing :lol:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
What a beautiful pair!

Matt

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
What a beautiful pair. I know they're going to have a wonderful home with you! :)