• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
REmily I am so glad things are going a bit better..now dont get discouraged if she screams again...just keep at it honey

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
LW Some say "lovely wife". I say "lunatic woman". I love abbreviations. They read to each of us what we want. :D

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So great that Tracey is improving. I, personally would let the bird sleep. It's not like she is going to sleep for hours. Sometimes being on a strict schedule is not what is best for our birds. Studies have shown that birds on strict scedules sometimes develop behavior problems. A bird is more settled when it is able to accept that daily schedules are negotiable. They learn to be more tolerant of change. So, while my birds are on a schedule there is definitely flexiblility to it.

emilybsharp

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Emily
well after last night, i decided if its play time shes not getting a nap because she was up screaming for a while, i didnt time it tonight, but she finally let up and went to sleep. i think her nap may have ruined her bedtime. well things are definately NOT on a strict schedule, altho i am trying to get it scheduled in a bit. she already has behavior issues...plucking, screaming... but im looking past all that and trying to get to the bright side of things. last night we were playing with buttons and i got her to put them in a jar!!!:dancing: we were so excited, such a smart little bundle of joy/trouble!:hehe:

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Emily, I am happy to read that you are already seeing some improvement. I'd assume there'll be good days and bad days but hopefully the good ones will become more often and the bad ones more and more rare.

What a smart girl learning to put the buttons in the jar so quickly!!! :dance4::dance4::dance4:

That's a matter of interpretation. They always tell me DH=Dumb Husband. :D
:D

emilybsharp

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Emily
I KNOW:cool1: she was soo good and soo proud we did the happy dance! then i called in my hub so she could show him... hahaha she grabbed that button and slowly set it down at her feet, that lil snip.. she wasnt going to put that button in the jar for nothing with him around, shes a man lover and SO LOVEs him. i told him and swore up and down she did it, but she wasnt showing him her trick NO WAY, what a lil snip.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.