• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New cage for BCC. Help!

spixaraa

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ava
Hello everyone! I finally have decided to purchase a new cage for my Blue crown, Ivy. I would like to get her a cage that is 30x30 or 36x24, but I'm open to suggestions/ideas. I'm having trouble finding a cage of these sizes for a reasonable price, despite hearing of many people getting them quite affordable. Does anyone know where I can find a cage of these sizes (or around these sizes) for a good price, preferably no more that $300? Thanks!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Usually once you start getting up to that size cage you are going to be looking at the $350+ range, especially if you need smaller than 1" bar spacing. The only "affordable" cages are flight cages which are a bit too small at about 32x21.

Probably the cheapest:

Check Craigslist often. That's where I usually get cage deals.

spixaraa

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ava
Thank you very much! I don't have a car that can lug around large cage parts and I'm hesitant to purchase used cages due to rust, so I'm looking to buy new. A 32x21 would work fine for Ivy. I think she would enjoy that very much. I'll look around.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Might have to raise the budget a bit more to get one that would last a long time & have features to make it better.

Cheapest flight

Sales

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Usually once you start getting up to that size cage you are going to be looking at the $350+ range, especially if you need smaller than 1" bar spacing. The only "affordable" cages are flight cages which are a bit too small at about 32x21.

Probably the cheapest:

Check Craigslist often. That's where I usually get cage deals.
The You & me looked nice...Found that one too...30 x 30 $343

Cage: 30 L X 30 W X 43 H IN

spixaraa

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ava
I have found a Prevue brand cage that is 32x21 and quite affordable. Ivy is out of the cage most of the time anyway, but I'll feel better if she is in a larger cage. Thanks for they help!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder