• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New bird

kiertje

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kira
Hey,
Seeing you guys have been here throughout the years, I wanted to update you guys.

I am picking up a new linnie on Friday (hopefully), I haven't met him yet. It will be one of these ones.

Now with this one I know 100% sure that it is a young birdie, just at the right age they can leave. He will keep checking if he keeps eating well on his own throughout the week.

Is there anything I should look out for, be prepared for before picking him up? The ones I had were a few months older, they came from a pet store. At that pet store they quarantine a month before selling and linnies don't sell well. So just want to check and be sure.

Screenshot_20240217_180121_Marktplaats.jpg

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww they are all so stunning. They look just like Bosco. Congrats on your future fid.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
They all gorgeous I don’t know how you will pick :starshower: Congratulations on your new baby can’t wait for updates

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Kira, I'm so excited for you! Beautiful color! Look at all those polka dots! Will you know the genders as you make your decision? Thinking of names yet?

kiertje

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kira
Kira, I'm so excited for you! Beautiful color! Look at all those polka dots! Will you know the genders as you make your decision? Thinking of names yet?
He said that atleast 2 are boys and really looking for a boy. With Nuka and Chip it was always stressful for me the egglaying. So taking a boy would make it less stressful.
Really thinking about Barnaby ^^

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He said that atleast 2 are boys and really looking for a boy. With Nuka and Chip it was always stressful for me the egglaying. So taking a boy would make it less stressful.
Really thinking about Barnaby ^^
Oh yeah, Gigi scares me when she acts nesty. I'd get a boy if I were to do it over. And omg, Barnaby is such a cute name! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I love Barnaby as a name ! My pick is the cutie looking at something :swoon:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Soooo freaking cute! I agree he looks just like our (April and me) Bosco!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Meet Barnaby View attachment 443058
(Yes, I am going to leave him alone. He just stepped up, so I can put him in his cage. The moment was to cute not to take a picture)
Aww look at him! He's so precious. No need to leave him alone if he's already seeking comfort and attention from you.
All my birds I've brought home if they wanted to interact with me right away I let them and it worked out wonderful and really jump started our bonding.

Every bird is different of course but no harm in letting some hands on interacting happen if he's comfortable with it. Especially for a Linnie as you know stepping up and bonding so soon is a wonderful gift.

I really look forward to seeing more pics of him and hearing how he's doing. Congratulations again.

kiertje

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kira
Aww look at him! He's so precious. No need to leave him alone if he's already seeking comfort and attention from you.
All my birds I've brought home if they wanted to interact with me right away I let them and it worked out wonderful and really jump started our bonding.

Every bird is different of course but no harm in letting some hands on interacting happen if he's comfortable with it. Especially for a Linnie as you know stepping up and bonding so soon is a wonderful gift.

I really look forward to seeing more pics of him and hearing how he's doing. Congratulations again.
Thank you so much ^^

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Barnaby is precious! I'm so happy for you! We can't wait to hear how it goes!

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
:congrats5: Hes gorgeous

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
How did you pick :heart:

kiertje

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kira
How did you pick :heart:
He handed me the two he had left. So just chilled them for a bit. He actually stayed and was chill, whilst the other was only trying to get away from me.