• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Bird Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angela_tiger_1999

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Angela
A handful? That's putting it gently. Yeah, he sure is. I am sure I am out of my mind for even thinking this, but I would not mind adopting another, uh, challenging DYA. From my foster DYA's description, he is a handful...he lives at a rescue. He sounds somewhat like Wasabi. I hope to go see Quincy soon. :heart:
Yeah I know I was a little gentle when saying that, I guess if I am to be honest he scares the crap out of me!! :eek: :D

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Actually, within a few days of Peaches arriving, I realized even though he isnt MY bird, and will probably never bond with me the way my girls have, Im VERY content with my flock. I always wanted my Grey, but I do feel super content now, so do I really need to ush it? I dunno....we are all done for nwo I think :)
Ok Kim, when did you go from 2 birds to 4 birds?!?!?!:eek: I totally missed that...Is that an Alex??? I love those guys!:heart:

IggyPepito

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
Well I really want to get a senegal parrot and I know I won't be able to get one until next year some time but I am still searching for things and planning because next year just seems too far away....I'd rather keep myself occupied by planning and researching rather than just wait wait wait. You know?

Good thing I have Iggy too because without him I'd definitely would be going nuts waiting. haha I remember when I first was getting Iggy. I bought his cage like 4 months ahead of time I was so excited I didn't want to wait to buy it!! LOL

artgeek09

Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Jessica
Oh, I've even got a name picked out for my one-day CAG, and ever reference her in conversation. "One day when we get Taegan we'll do this" and "one day Taegan and Dante can to this"
I've already got the fiance ready for her though :) Even though Dante was my dream bird, Dante chose the fiance, so he feels slightly guilty about it and wants to get me my grey. Cant wait til we get to the point where we can add our new faby ^_^

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
Yes. I am always planning on what life will be like once I get my hands on Saroj's cakes.:lol:

In all seriousness, yes I do plan. I want my future WBC and Kiwi to have matching cages so, when I find one I like for Kiwi, I am just going to buy 2. I think our wonderful vendors can attest to the fact that I have plenty of toys to accommodate another bird, so I think I would just need the cage. :hehe:

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yeah I know I was a little gentle when saying that, I guess if I am to be honest he scares the crap out of me!! :eek: :D

Ahhh, once we had his number and disavowed ourselves of all the really stupid things we've read about being "the boss," we developed an understanding pretty much: Wasabi can change moods in the blink of an eye, doesn't really answer to anybody, is territorial, and charms his way out of his naughty behavior.
As long as he doesn't scream too much or take out an eye or something like that, we're good.
When he misbehaves, I remember that he was not raised correctly and had at least one rotten owner. It's not his fault that he was raised to be the best bird he could be. Even with his faults, I wouldn't trade him for the world. :heart: Some days I do wish he had a mute button, though.

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Yea, I want macaws! :p
Especially a military and a hy.
I am already saving for a military. :lol:And yes, I am guilty at looking at aviaries and huge cages that would be good for a macaw. And also toys, etc.

Last edited:

BirdsFTW

Real Name
Maya
No. :lol: I may be one of the few, if not only, people that don't... but my reasoning is because I won't be getting another bird until Mika's time comes (hopefully not for another 10 years!!) due to his immune system and hormonal overload situation. I do have a list for future things I want to buy for Mika and Raptor, though, especially once we buy a bigger house!! Hehehe.

Mythreeiggys

Hit the Road
Real Name
Danielle
I am very content with my flock and really have no desire (at the moment :) ) to add another bird but I can say that I still think about what I would someday love to have :D Of course I could never have all of these so one of them would be my choice!

Here's my list:

Cuban Amazon
TAG
White Front Amazon
Cape
Red Belly
Meyers
Golden Conure (kinda on the fence with that one)
Lilac Crowned Amazon
Senegal (my Mom has one so I'll inherit him :D)

That's all I can think of now. I'm sure there's more!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
I would love to add a TAG or CAG but I don't really have the room for another cage. I also need to upgrade my Senegal and RB2 cages so those things need to come first, and I would like to get another cockatiel to be friends with my untame one. And they would need a bigger cage, or another cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.