• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Bird Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
Do you ever find yourself thinking about one day getting a new bird and make plans for it? I know the next bird I get will be a CAG, but that won't happen until my living situation changes and probably yeaaaaaars down the line. I'm content at the moment with my two monkeys. But I still find myself sitting down and browsing through various bird listings, looking at different rescues and their requirements, various breeders and reading up on the constantly. Along with that I love playing the "When I get a grey I'll get..." And then browsing through various shops to look for what my ideal cage would be, what I'd pick up, how I'd arrange things. Today has been cages thanks to Annamacaw's post with Quito and Capri. ;) I just find it so much fun to plan things out and think about it. Anyone else find themselves doing this?:lol:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I've been paying a lot more attention to the Amazons ever since my vet told me I should consider a bird who isn't as fragile as an Ekkie and said an Amazon would be a nice addition...why the heck am I listening to him anyway though???:) I do have to admit that I find the Amazons, especially the DYHs and the BFAs very, very appealing...

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think about it all the time for my future Turq and Firery-Shouldered Conure. Even though I have lived with a GCC for almost 5 years,there's always new things find and toys to buy.

Angela_tiger_1999

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Angela
You are NOT alone...I do this all the time...I mean all the time, even keeps me up at night :huh: I think I have a problem :rofl:

Would love to add a Lilac Crown Amazon...but I am still in the research and planinng phase which will last awhile. Hubby is so sick of hearing, well I'd like to do this for Emma or add this or buy this...I think he's starting to tune me out :lol:

Angela_tiger_1999

Real Name
Angela
the main thing I talk/think about though is adding a sunroom or screening in the deck for Emma....I had my step daughter ask me last week if we won the lottery what would the first thing be that you buy and I said a sunroom while her and my husband picked everything from cars to vacations :rofl: told u I have a problem :D

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You are NOT alone...I do this all the time...I mean all the time, even keeps me up at night :huh: I think I have a problem :rofl:

Would love to add a Lilac Crown Amazon...but I am still in the research and planinng phase which will last awhile. Hubby is so sick of hearing, well I'd like to do this for Emma or add this or buy this...I think he's starting to tune me out :lol:
Then he'll have no defense when you do show up with another zon!

I think about another DYA all the time. Every day. I think it's an illness. Zon-eye-tis.

Crackaleen

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kathy
I definitely day dream about life with some of the dream birds I'd like to keep some day. I'd love to get back into some of the bigger birds one day and I have several species I dream about owning, but after my experience with my orange wing amazon I've decided that I definitely need to wait until I'm in a different place in life. I'd need a lot more space to give them the environment they'd need and I would ideally like to own a house. I'd also like to be in a position where I don't have to work as much or at all so that I can be home to really care for them. That's not going to happen until we either a) have kids (we've decided one of us would stay home, although I don't know if we'd be able to swing another bird financially under those circumstances and I'm not sure getting a bird and having a kid at the same time is a wise idea lol) or b) I retire (fingers crossed for an early retirement ;) ). The biggest inhibiting factor is my husband - he would need to be on board and he is not currently a fan of the bigger birds at this point in time. :( I'm working on him though - when I first met him he was not an animal person at all. Now he adores little Pixie. :D

Angela_tiger_1999

Real Name
Angela
YES YES Zon-eye-tis, this is what I have!!! :rofl:

and Terri I can't believe you think about another DYA...Everytime I even see one, I think Wasabi :huh: not that it's good or bad, it's just :eek: he can be a handful from what I hear :D

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've been paying a lot more attention to the Amazons ever since my vet told me I should consider a bird who isn't as fragile as an Ekkie and said an Amazon would be a nice addition...why the heck am I listening to him anyway though???:) I do have to admit that I find the Amazons, especially the DYHs and the BFAs very, very appealing...
Cause he's HOT? :D I know a DYH that is a doll ;) and very sturdy:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Yes - and because of this, I had a few things ready, such as a cage, before I even knew about Léa's existence ;)

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Hehehe does this help?:rolleyes::D
Picture 019.jpg
Picture 009.jpg

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen

Cause he's HOT? :D I know a DYH that is a doll ;) and very sturdy:hehe::hehe::hehe:
THAT IS SO NOT THE POINT AND YOU KNOW IT!:o:eek::rolleyes:

BethySue

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Bethany
Yes, I do. I actually have a document saved on my computer called "Getting an African Grey." It has links and pictures of things I want to get that African grey, as well as links to various things I've found while researching, and a running total of how much I need to save in order to get an African grey and everything I want for it. I'm just waiting until I graduate college, get a job, start graduate school, and get used to that life before I get my African grey.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
You know, that very same vet told me that I should really get a girlfriend for Cooper as well...I think he thinks I'm running a zoo!

Kermit

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jacque
i look up stuff for new birds quite often...what cages i like, toys, perches, more food. I recently moved Fae my linnie to a bigger cage and the empty cage syndrome got me and i bought all new toys and perches for her old cage and by the end of this month i should have a new little faby to go in her old cage. :o: just couldn't resist the cute face of my new fid.

Angela_tiger_1999

Real Name
Angela

Hehehe does this help?:rolleyes::D
Theresa your Olivia is what started my Lilac obsession :D so if I bring one home and hubby is looking for somebody to blame I am going to send him your way!!!! :rofl: but really the colors on your Olivia are breathtaking and her personallity...just :cloud9: ....Kevin's cute lil baby LCA's may have also played a part :rolleyes: but they really do seem like great zon's that don't get a lot of exposure.

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Actually, within a few days of Peaches arriving, I realized even though he isnt MY bird, and will probably never bond with me the way my girls have, Im VERY content with my flock. I always wanted my Grey, but I do feel super content now, so do I really need to ush it? I dunno....we are all done for nwo I think :)

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
YES YES Zon-eye-tis, this is what I have!!! :rofl: and Terri I can't believe you think about another DYA...Everytime I even see one, I think Wasabi :huh: not that it's good or bad, it's just :eek: he can be a handful from what I hear :D
A handful? That's putting it gently. Yeah, he sure is. I am sure I am out of my mind for even thinking this, but I would not mind adopting another, uh, challenging DYA. From my foster DYA's description, he is a handful...he lives at a rescue. He sounds somewhat like Wasabi. I hope to go see Quincy soon. :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.