• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

new baby lovebirds attacks my flock

Tanyun

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tanya
hello everyone. i need some advice.
i have a friend who breeds lovebirds & sometimes i help him by hand feeding some babies.

up until now i always hand fed the babies in groups. these babies, never had issues seeing my birds.

this time i have 1 baby i'm planning to keep, he is just started trying dry food, so he is still very small.

now here is the problem, everytime my flock (4 lovebirds) comes near him (while he is in a cage), he is fluffing up and runs like a madman to attack them! i don't understand why!

he sees them a lot through the day, i put his cage near theirs, but as soon as they come to visit him (when they free roam) he turns into a little monster!

is he scared of them? is it because he is growing up alone? he is sweet with me and my husband. any tips to stop him from attacking?

thank you. Screenshot_20230715_003334_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
You could try introducing without the cage. You would have to focus your attention on the little one so he's not hurt. Just let him see the others for a minute or two. When he's fully feathered he'll be able to spend more time out.
When he's in the cage, keep the others away so he doesn't learn to do this when he's older.

Tanyun

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tanya
ok thank you very much i will try that and update!