• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New babies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
awe they are so precious :heart:

Heather

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Heather
The 3rd baby arrived last night at about 8:30pm! I can't wait until the rest are hatched! I will post more pictures as they do! Thank you everyone for your kind words:hug8:<3

Attachments

J*M*L

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Julie
How exciting! Keep posting pictures! :dancing:

Heather

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Heather
4 out of 5 eggs have hatched so far :dance4:
In this picture the newest addition was on it's back being fed before I interrupted:lol: Only one more to go!

Attachments

Lolle

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Louise
Aaaahhh they are really so cute! I get so jealous when i see babys!

vmorrison

Meeting neighbors
Baby #4 has pink eyes so you have a Lutino. Genetically, the baby is a female. Your hen doesn't show the ino coloring so dad is the one carrying the gene. That being the case, any and all pink eyed babies are females. No DNA sexing necessary.

Ino is a sex linked mutation so you only need the gene on one side (dad) to produce a visual ino. If mom is the ino and dad isn't carrying the ino gene, all males will inherit ino but none of the babies will show it.

Since mom and dad are doing such a good job with the babies, have you considered co-parenting instead of pulling the babies to hand feed? Just socializing is a lot more fun and you don't have the responsibility of working your schedule around the feeding schedule for the babies.

Last edited:

Baboo's Momma

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Stephanie
Wow, your birds are showing some nice surprises with their splits!! Momma being split for blue, daddy being split for Ino! Your gonna have a really colorful bunch there!!

Heather

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Heather
Wow, your birds are showing some nice surprises with their splits!! Momma being split for blue, daddy being split for Ino! Your gonna have a really colorful bunch there!!

What is an INO? LOL- genetics confuse me :hehe:! But what color is ino?
I can't wait to see when they start to feather out! By the way thank you for your help!

vmorrison

Meeting neighbors
I have a feeling that we will pull them but then again we may just let Tessa and Dink parent them since they are doing well. I don't work at the moment so having time to hand feed them wouldn't be a problem. But we shall see!

Why not spend the time just playing with them and let the parents do what they seem to be doing so well? Just holding the little ones is lots of fun, especially when they are mobile and decide you're a great place to explore! :)

Compassion

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Angela
Why not spend the time just playing with them and let the parents do what they seem to be doing so well? Just holding the little ones is lots of fun, especially when they are mobile and decide you're a great place to explore! :)
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
This is what I did with my lovebirds babies and you can't tell a difference between hand fed and parent raised/human socialized birds at all!More sleep for us,better nutrition for the babies and lots of fun playing with babies,what more could you ask for? :)

Babybreau

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tanya
Awwww you are SOOOO lucky!!!

I absolutely LOVE watching baby lovies grow up!! They are always a surprise!!

cgreenaway

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Claire
Awe the baby lovies are so cute!!! I remember how exciting it was waiting for them to hatch and then waiting for the colors to come in. Yay!! So exciting. :)

Heather

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Heather
THANK YOU =)
Here are a few more pictures

THE OLDEST

THE 2nd OLDEST

When I can get the other 2 to cooperate I will post more:hehe:!

Status
Not open for further replies.