• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Neha, my blue front amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quest

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Judy
She is lovely. Sounds like she is sweet too.
She will use more of the cage when she is more
at home there.

GreenParrot

Sprinting down the street
You could make the cage a bit more interesting for her.:) You could add some more toys and foraging toys and a rope perch or a boing maybe. There's plenty of room there and you can turn that cage into a kinderground that she'd be excited to live and play in. :)

Coco's Momma

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Robin
The previous owner said he was going to try and breed her, he said it never worked out because she kept fighting with the male, and if she really is 2 1/2 we all know that is to young to start producing babies, I could be wrong though, that’s why he put her up for sale.

when I took her to the vet she came off the scale at 296g, that kind sounds low to me, what do you guys think, she is eating well.
Hagen low fat bean mix and Hagen life pellets mixed 50/50 always in her dish
Carrots, broccoli cucumbers and some bean sprouts, few chili peppers in her dish on her play pen
And apples, banana and grapes on the weekends on her play pen.

Does that sound ok for a diet?
It is hard to say without handling, but she looks like she is at a good weight. She may just be 'small boned' (*she says although she cannot relate*...) Under your care, she is bound to meet her full potential of health, wellness and happiness! The diet sounds good. You can always add some quality seeds and nuts for treats. She may enjoy getting an almond out of a shell (a good foraging exercise). My Coco loves pecans as well.

I have had great success with hemp seed oil as a diet supplementation. I use just a few drops a day mixed into some food (such as tossed into veggies). Of course if she has a yeast infection, getting that treated will be of utmost importance. I am also a fan of Harrison's Sunshine Factor.

It is so nice to see that she is such a good eater already!

sukh

Walking the driveway
So i started the treatment yesterday, the spray the vet gave me was Avix soother spray and antibiotics to give orally for 14 days, the problem is i have to wrap her in a towel so i can spray under neith her wing and she hates it, i already noticed a differance in her attitude today, she did not want to come to me, i think she know's what was comming. I think it is working, she does not scratch as much and its only the 2nd day, only 12 more days to go!

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
She is a pretty girl.

sukh

Walking the driveway
Day 3,

Still as tough as day 1! She does not like being wrapped in that towel; good news is I’m getting better at doing it. My wife helps me do it, I just hold her while my wife gives her the meds with the syringe and then sprays her under neith her wing. The Soother spray really seam’s to work, she definitely is not scratching as much and is a lot calmer.

I have been reading up on the Harrison Line of helix products and am really thinking of starting her on the sunshine factor and Rain daily spray, anyone else have any experience using these products?

I will take some more pics soon.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
She is gorgeous and sounds as if you have everything under control with her yeast infection clearing up.
What type of water do you have in your area? We are lucky to be in a soft water area with no limescale, so my birds are just showered in the ordinary tap water.
Unless you really need to use a product I would try and keep it as natural as possible as some products can work the other way and cause a problem.
Best of luck in whatever you decide to use anyway.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
You could make the cage a bit more interesting for her.:) You could add some more toys and foraging toys and a rope perch or a boing maybe. There's plenty of room there and you can turn that cage into a kinderground that she'd be excited to live and play in. :)
I agree, great cage but she needs a lot of exciting things to do! We have many vendors here at AA who sell all kinds of fun toys and perches.

She is soooo pretty...I lost my BFA nearly three years ago and miss him so much. You are blessed to have such a beauty!

Status
Not open for further replies.