• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need to Rehome Bonded Lovies (Tampa Bay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk2

Meeting neighbors
Wish you all a very Happy New Year.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Just wanted everyone to know that after corresponding with Rodney from TLA, I PM'd Shashi this morning and told them that I would not be able to take Chotu and Mitthu.

This is very difficult, but both Rodney and Tamara felt that it was highly unlikely that Trinket would be able to form a friendship with two Lovies that were already bonded to each other, even if they were males, and my primary responsiblity is to my darling.

I wanted to let him know before he spent $$$ on the DNAing.

So if there is anyone else out there who can help please let Shashi know ASAP.

Ginger

sk2

Meeting neighbors
Just spoke to Ginger and we agreed that we should not go ahead with this rehoming if Ginger is not sure. I would be lying if I said I was not disheartened but I am glad that Ginger was upfront and honest about it.

I am just going to go ahead with more vigor to try to find them a nice home and I will need your continued support.

Please keep Chotu and Mitthu in your thoughts.

Thanks

Shashi

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I am so sorry SHashi and Ginger...we hoped htis would work out, but whatever we can do to help, we are here. Even if it is only for emotional support. :hug8:

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Sorry to hear it didn't work out. I hope you're able to find them a good home soon.

sk2

Meeting neighbors
Hey Ginger,

I thought long and hard about taking them with me but eventually I decided that it will be in their best interest to find them a home here for the following reasons:

• Long travel time of over 30 hours
  • Freezing temperatures at transit airports. Airlines dont accept birds when landing temperatures are below 45 and above 85. And there is a good chance I will experience both extremes during my travel.
  • There will be 2 transit airports before I reach home and it would be sad if they get misplaced during transit.
  • Also, I am not sure where I will be staying for the next year in my destination country.
It would have been extremely selfish of me to put them through so much trouble and if something went wrong then I will curse myself forever.

Thanks for the links though. I had looked at them already.

I am going to keep looking for a good home and I would really appreciate if you all can let me know of any potential homes.

Thanks a lot,

Shashi

Deb76

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Deb
Hi Shashi,

Please check your email as I sent you one. My husband and I would be very interested in adopting them and we are pretty close by. We would also be happy to provide you with updates on them and should you ever visit in the future we would be more then happy to let you come and visit them. We have two avian vets we use and can gladly provide references as to the care our birds get. I hope to hear from you soon, thanks so much.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
:hug8: Thank you Deb. I have had a hard time sleeping.

Ginger

sk2

Meeting neighbors
Hey Deb,

Great to hear from you again! Everytime I see a posting on this thread my heart starts to beat real fast! Thank you so much for writing again even though you did not see my email.

Yes, I got your message and I had sent you an e-mail with my phone number at the yahoo address that you had asked me to write back to. I am going to send it again now. Let me know if you don't get it. I would like to talk to you and then meet you sometime too.

Let's talk sometime.

Thanks

Shashi

Hi Shashi,

Please check your email as I sent you one. My husband and I would be very interested in adopting them and we are pretty close by. We would also be happy to provide you with updates on them and should you ever visit in the future we would be more then happy to let you come and visit them. We have two avian vets we use and can gladly provide references as to the care our birds get. I hope to hear from you soon, thanks so much.

Deb76

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Deb
Wonderful, thank you so much. I will call you today to discuss things further and in hopes of putting your mind at ease that they will have a very loving home with us where they will be well cared for and safe and loved.

sk2

Meeting neighbors
Chotu and Mitthu went to the vet today for their well exam. Everything checked out great and they are in great health.

- Shashi

J*M*L

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Julie
I'm so happy for Chotu and Mitthu!

sk2

Meeting neighbors
Hey Everyone,

Quietly I was so praying that it would work out this time but Deb let me know this evening that she will not be able to take in Chotu and Mitthu for some personal reasons (which she explained to me in all honesty).

I feel so terrible and guilty for not being able to find them a good place! They are such adorable birdies. I don't know what I will do if something doesn't come along quickly. I am at a loss of ideas now and we need some luck. I do not want to place an ad on Craigslist or other places.

I have a month and half to go and we are running out of time. Please please please....any ideas will be welcome. And if you can guide me to someone nice who would take them in......that will be the biggest favor anyone would ever to do me. We are located in Tampa and are willing to drive to get them to a good home.

Please keep us in mind :(!

Thanks

Shashi

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Hey Everyone,

Quietly I was so praying that it would work out this time but Deb let me know this evening that she will not be able to take in Chotu and Mitthu for some personal reasons (which she explained to me in all honesty).

I feel so terrible and guilty for not being able to find them a good place! They are such adorable birdies. I don't know what I will do if something doesn't come along quickly. I am at a loss of ideas now and we need some luck. I do not want to place an ad on Craigslist or other places.

I have a month and half to go and we are running out of time. Please please please....any ideas will be welcome. And if you can guide me to someone nice who would take them in......that will be the biggest favor anyone would ever to do me. We are located in Tampa and are willing to drive to get them to a good home.

Please keep us in mind :(!

Thanks

Shashi
I'm sorry, there just has to be someone here who can take them. Maybe someone can just take them and do the rehoming for you in case you don't find a home before you have to move.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Hi,

I can't stand this any longer...If you can not find them a home..Please just ship them to me. i will take them here. I am sorry this all fell through. I do not know what else i can do to help but offer this to you. I will keep them here if needed.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
M

M.C Bird Rescue

:omg: Crystal, that's wonderful of you!!:hug8:
:idea: Yep that happened. hahahah. Won't be the first bird shipped here. LOL. what am I doing this for if not to help people who actually NEED help. sheesh. I have room and a Lovie here they can yell at.

Status
Not open for further replies.