• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need suggestions on Parrot Palace Partitions! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

samccormack

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Scott
I found a cage for Topper that would be awesome! It's a Prevue Hendryx cage that looks like this:

If I get this cage I want both Topper and Elima to live in the living room and I have to put them side by side to make everything fit. The attached photo shows where I am thinking of putting them. Topper's cage would be on the left where the cal cage is now (That's Topper with her head in the bowl.) and Elima's cage would be sitting roughly where her stand is now and of course the stuff in the middle would be relocated to make room for Elima's cage.

The problem with this idea is that Elima really wants to eat Topper so I have to keep them apart. Topper won't bother Elima but Elima would jump onto Topper's cage in a second if the mood struck her. I will have a little bit of space in between the 2 cages in order to put something up to block Elima from jumping across but I want to maintain access to the window and am looking for something that won't be ugly. Any ideas?

Attachments

whitewolf3307

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
How about useing a folding screen wall. It would look good and it would block the birds view of each other at the same time. They come in so many diffent types and sizes I'm sure you can find one that would go with the rest of the house.

samccormack

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Scott
What about those bead curtains?
I know someone once used a shower curtain, I think it was Bonnie?
My only concern about bead curtains would be Elima might be able to climb those or other similar things.

samccormack

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Scott
How about useing a folding screen wall. It would look good and it would block the birds view of each other at the same time. They come in so many diffent types and sizes I'm sure you can find one that would go with the rest of the house.
Where can you get these? I know they exist but I've never seen them in a store and since I don't have a car I'd need to find one close by

jamie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jamie
Scott, you can find those screens at places like World Market if there is one of them near you.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
No offense Scott, I know you want the best for the fids, but that cage looks awefully small for Topper.....rvrn if its just for a play on top of cage or if she spends all day outside of it.. it has very little territory for her...

Last edited:

samccormack

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Scott
No offense Sott, I know you want the best for the fids, but that cage looks awefully small for Topper.....rvrn if its just for a play on top of cage or if she spends all day outside of it.. it has very little territory for her...
The cage in the picture is smaller than the one I am considering for Topper. It's roughly the same size as the one she has now. I think the model I got the pic from is about the size of her Cal Cage but she only uses that one as a play stand and that's what I am hoping to eliminate and make it possible for her to have a cage both for playing and staying in.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Glad to hear it is larger, I was thinking it looked very small. Do you know the dimensions?

Are they chewers? If so, a wooden screen might not be the best. How about getting three long sheets of thick plexi and connecting them together? Durable and they could see each other...I am just wondering if being blocked completely would make them want to see each other more?

samccormack

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Scott
Glad to hear it is larger, I was thinking it looked very small. Do you know the dimensions?

Are they chewers? If so, a wooden screen might not be the best. How about getting three long sheets of thick plexi and connecting them together? Durable and they could see each other...I am just wondering if being blocked completely would make them want to see each other more?
I believe it is 36"L x 24"D x 66"H I measured it when I was at the store just to make sure it was of a similar size to Topper's current cage.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Ok, that's not bad...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.