• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

need help to identify

Status
Not open for further replies.

allen

Jogging around the block
hi all i am getting 4 love birds for $100.00 i thik this is a love bird but i,m not sure if it is if it is can anyone help me to identify the mutation here is the offer the guy is giving me

Wow great pics. I have a special need budgie. It was born with splay legs. He is 12 years old now. I have some thing for you to think about. Because I am reducing my flocks numbers I also have a peach face and a yellow that have bonded. The peach face is much older but I will give them to you for free when you buy the 1 bonded pair. The peach is female and yellow is male. they breed but I think she's too old . If you take them and the older one passes perhaps the remainder will bond with the one in your pic. Just a thought and those 2 are free. Its so nice to meet someone who loves birds as much as I. So 4 for the price of 2 if you are interested. Let me know. Oh btw bring 2 cages or boxes for transport ok. I'm all out. By for now Allen
Don

here is the pic of the bird i believe is the love bird in question if not a love bird sorry i posted in the wrong section

what am i (600 x 449).jpg

Attachments

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
My guess it lovebird w/ red suffusion. I believe that some people think the red suffusion is sometimes a sign of illness. Also, while it could just be this particualar picture, my first reaction was: That lovie looks sick. Look at the difference in the eyes. The other shots show bright, wide open eyes, The bird could have been caught mid blink...but I'd want to see more pictures before I brought that bird into my home. Just my opinion...I'm not an expert Just something struck me about how the bird is sitting...reminded me of Buddy as she approached the end of her life.

BethySue

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Bethany
The last two pictures you posted are peach-faced lovebirds. The second to the last picture is a regular peach-faced, the last picture has a lutino (the yellow one, on the right).

With the first one, I agree with Titanis. It looks like a red suffusion to me. I've never seen one in real, only in pictures, but it looks like the pictures I've seen.

TITANIS

Hmm, Allen posted this bird might not be a LB at all. The way my mind works is close to hyperfocusing. I need to change mental modes sometimes to see the greater picture (no pun); this bird looks like something other than a LB at second glance. The beak is a tad small proportionally, almost like a parrotlet. Without a bigger resolution or clearer picture, I guess we'll have to go with what's assumed. :shrug:

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
The beak is a tad small proportionally, almost like a parrotlet. :shrug:
Now that you point that out, I see it. And that could be what's "different" about the eye...just doesn't look like a lb eye to me. Hmmmmm :confused:

BethySue

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Bethany
Hmm, Allen posted this bird might not be a LB at all. The way my mind works is close to hyperfocusing. I need to change mental modes sometimes to see the greater picture (no pun); this bird looks like something other than a LB at second glance. The beak is a tad small proportionally, almost like a parrotlet. Without a bigger resolution or clearer picture, I guess we'll have to go with what's assumed. :shrug:
I see what you mean, but I think it looks more like a lovebird than a parrotlet. My masked lovebird Lenore has a proportionally smaller beak than my other masked lovebird Digby; Dig's beak seems so much bigger than Lenore's, more than what it should be for the size difference in the two. It could also be the angle the bird's head is at. A bigger and better picture is needed. to be able to tell for sure

BirdsFTW

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maya
To me, it's definitely a red suffusion lovebird. The beak appears small because of the way the bird is positioned, away from the camera, and I think the bird is either in mid-blink or sick (can't really tell from that ONE pic). Just look at the bright red forehead/face. I don't think anyone has been able to prove/pinpoint what red suffusion is from exactly but, like Maureen said, red suffusion has been linked to liver disease or improper diet. As for the actual mutation of the bird (because "suffusion" is not a mutation), I would venture to say it's a Lutino. Unless the flight feathers are covering the entire rump, I don't see any blue.

Second pic is a Normal Peachfaced, third pic - without seeing rumps - I would say the one on the left is a Pallid and the one on the right is an Orangefaced Lutino.

allen

Jogging around the block
ok here is the original message i got from don who i am buying all 4 love birds for only $100.00

my love bird is a normal peach face and she loves to sit on your shoulder i still need to get her dna i believe she is female as she shreds paper and tucks it under her wings

Wow great pics. I have a special need budgie. It was born with splay legs. He is 12 years old now. I have some thing for you to think about. Because I am reducing my flocks numbers I also have a peach face and a yellow that have bonded. The peach face is much older but I will give them to you for free when you buy the 1 bonded pair. The peach is female and yellow is male. they breed but I think she's too old . If you take them and the older one passes perhaps the remainder will bond with the one in your pic. Just a thought and those 2 are free. Its so nice to meet someone who loves birds as much as I. So 4 for the price of 2 if you are interested. Let me know. Oh btw bring 2 cages or boxes for transport ok. I'm all out. By for now Allen
Don

BirdsFTW

Real Name
Maya
ok here is the original message i got from don who i am buying all 4 love birds for only $100.00

my love bird is a normal peach face and she loves to sit on your shoulder i still need to get her dna i believe she is female as she shreds paper and tucks it under her wings

Don
So, is there another question or...? :confused: I believe we've answered the mutation identifying question as best as we could, based on the photos provided. :)

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
While 4 for the price of two might seem like a good deal, be careful. Vetting for 5 might be like paying for 10 if one has something that makes the rest ill or in a worst case scenario, ill with an untreatable disease.

allen

Jogging around the block
one thing i always do i quarantee all new birds for 45 days people say 30 is good enough but i have another 30 birds

and yes question answered

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
new love birds.bmp
This photo shows a picture of a dilute or cinnamon mutation peachface and an orangeface lutino?

new love bird 2.bmp
I believe this actually shows a peachface with a dark factor. (possibly even violet)

what am i.bmp
This appears to be a red suffusion (probably health/genetic related) lutino (or dilute?) peachface lovebird. This may or may not be reversible and the cause may or may not be able to be figured out.

I could be wrong here, but those are my guesses! All I know for a fact that all are peachface lovebirds!

mask

Walking the driveway
Real Name
mask
So you get 2 birds for 100....and 2 old, probably sick birds that he's want rid of because he's bred every last ounce of health out of them? Sounds like a bargain! :huh:

allen

Jogging around the block
the older ones i will not breed i was just talking to him and the female is older but the male is not

Anfsurfer

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
So you get 2 birds for 100....and 2 old, probably sick birds that he's want rid of because he's bred every last ounce of health out of them? Sounds like a bargain! :huh:
Touche' Mask!

Allen, The Lutino with Red Suffusion requires a blood panel at the vet. As Maya stated, it's usually linked to Organ issues in the bird. While in some cases, a bird with Red Suffusion can live a full life with no signs of illness, in others...the birds die young. I would ask the person selling them if they've had a blood panel done for that bird. My guess is not. If that bird was my pet, I wouldn't want it suffering in anyway or dying an early death. Some organ dysfunctions can be remedied with medicine. As the new owner I think you will owe it to that bird to have it looked at right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.