• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

need camera advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol S.

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Im thinking of buying hubby a digital camera for xmas except I know absolutely nothing about cameras. I would like to get him a real one with a lens and stuff because he does like taking pics but it may be cost prohibative. Can anyone give me suggestions for a good but not too expensive digital camera with the lens kind and then also the best point and shoot for the money. We have a point and shoot cheapo but we cannot stand the way you cannot see the screen if you are outside so maybe one that you have to look though the eye thingy. OK, I told you I don't know anything about cameras:o:o:o:o

birdman78

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
John
Can anyone give me suggestions for a good but not too expensive digital camera with the lens kind and then also the best point and shoot for the money.
They don't exist. :hehe: It's all up to the user. Most bodies have the same features. Figure out what features you want. The cost comes in the lenses. Same in picture quality. I have not personally gone to DSLR yet. The two main competitors out there are Cannon and Nikon. Just got to find out what you want in the camera and compair. Not sure if you want to buy new or used. Sorry I can't help anymore. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.