• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need advice

SGCmom

Moving in
I have a young ringneck female. She's been with me for about a month now. I have been with her every day all day since she got here. I know I need to train her that I will not always be available to her. How do I go about doing that. She's also going through molting/bluffing right now.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Hi
How often does she get cage time entertaining myself playing with toys etc
Maybe if you share your routine with her people can help you better

SGCmom

Moving in
Hi
How often does she get cage time entertaining myself playing with toys etc
Maybe if you share your routine with her people can help you better
We are home all day, so the majority of the day we are interacting with her. I should add, her wings were clipped too short so she needs help getting around and for her protection. That's how we got into this routine of always being there for her. I've been trying to give her time alone in cage about 15 min intervals (cuz she seems to get a little nutty if it goes longer than that). I'm trying to work on longer lengths.

A typical day is I fix her chop breakfast. I clean her water bowls and cage. Refresh her pellets. She comes out, eats. She stays out of the cage for the most part. She has a bassinet she plays in/on, and sometimes she perches in the window but that's all while.we.are nearby. If I go to do laundry, or in the kitchen she calls for me. She keeps calling til I come back. And if I don't come back she gets rambunctious, typically fluttering her feathers like she wants to fly and find me or come to me, sometimes plopping on the floor which we want to avoid.