• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need a new home for my lovies

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk2

Meeting neighbors
Need a new home for my lovies (Tampa)

Hello Everyone,

I am located in Tampa. I am a proud but sad
parent of two beautiful lovebirds – Chotu and Mitthu. They have been with me for over three years but I will be moving back to my country in a couple of months and I am looking to find a good home for them. I would have loved to take them with me but a long travel coupled with the uncertainties of moving back after a long time has convinced me to find them another nice home instead. I cannot describe in words how hard it is on me and my family to think of parting with them!

We brought Mitthu home around 3 years ago when he (not sure of sex or age) landed on my wife’s shoulder at her place of work. He had gotten away from somewhere, was hungry, and needed to be cared for. We did not think twice before taking him in. Couple of months later we got Chotu (not sure of sex, 3.5 years old) to give Mitthu some birdie company. After some initial anxiety they got along great and now they have an excellent relationship. Chotu loves to boss over Mitthu but would not stay without him either!

Except for one occasion when Chotu bit his tongue and was taken to the vet, they have been very healthy. They are very happy and friendly birds. Chotu is friendlier as he has been with us since he was couple of months old. We did not clip them. They spend quite a lot of time flying around in our patio and love to take a bath in their little fountain. They don’t like to be held but will come and sit on you and eat from the hand, and preen your hair and ears.

They will come with their cage (32” (L) x 21” (B) x 36” (H)), lots of perches, food containers, toys, swings, cozy hut, and their little fountain.

I want them to go to a stable and loving home and I am willing to wait for the right person to come along.

It has been amazing to have this forum and community for help and support. I know how all of you here love your pets and would be glad if you could help me find them a good home. I would like to know the people before giving my birds and would be thrilled to get updates on them after we are gone.

I have uploaded some pictures at the following link. Let me know if you would like more pictures.
CANON iMAGE GATEWAY

Here is a mobile number to contact us: 813 468 5782
Thanks & Regards
sk

Last edited:

Kathy

Rollerblading along the road
They are so pretty! I especially liked the photos with them in the huts. I wish you all the best in finding them the perfect home.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
They are just beautiful! I hope you find a stable loving home for them!

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
Your lovies are gorgeous. I hope one of our members can give them a forever home.

Ashley

Real Name
Ashley
they are pretty...hope you find them good homes

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
im in ontario with no room at the inn but im sure there is some one close to you on AA that would be happy to give your darlings a for ever home .
your decision was well thought out and im sure the right one as hard as it is to do .
GOD BLESS YOU & YOUR FAMILY
GOOD LUCK :hug8:

sk2

Meeting neighbors
Thank you for your support!

I really hope I can find them a nice home.

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
I am bumping this thread in hopes that someone will see it and be interested.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

They are adorable. Good luck in finding them a forever home. I really do hope someone here finds the space to add 2 love birds in theyre lives! Good Luck...:hug8:

sk2

Meeting neighbors
Thank you Marlene for bumping the thread!

Thanks M C Bird Rescue for the wishes. I am a little nervous.....hope to find a nice home!

Just so that people know, I am more than willing to travel some distance if I find a caring and stable home.

Regards

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
know this is going to be a stupid question to ask but, what on earth are you talking about when you say you are bumping a thread? I have no idea and would love to know.
Do hope you are lucky in finding your dear little birds a new, kind forever home.:hug8:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
By posting to the thread Anne it "bumps" it into the new posts again at the top of the list.

I hope you can find a great home for them also. I wish I lived in Florida. I'd take them in a heart beat.

Last edited:

Oknuma

Real Name
Oknuma
aww they are gorgeous. I sure hope the right person comes along so that you can leave with peace of mind.

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
Hii

your babies are really cute, their name sounds Indian it is same as my babies mitthu and Chhotu..
I can soo feel your pain, hope you find a good loving home for your precious babies.:hug8:

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
i am guessing by the name of your birds that you are an indian and moving back to india..!? well its just a guess so wherever you are going can't you take them along i mean you can talk to the authorities or whoever is concerned in the matter??

do let us know when you find a good home for them

sk2

Meeting neighbors
Thank you for your wishes everyone!

Juhi: Yes, you are right! Those are pretty common Indian names for birds...right :)! We are moving back to India. I did explore options to take them back but freezing temperatures at the transit airports along with a long flight discouraged from doing that. In addition, we will not be settling down in to a permanent place in India for sometime. Thanks for your suggestions and concern though.

Status
Not open for further replies.