• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Natures Miracle Stain & Odor Remover... Safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwis

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Leah
I am looking for a cleaner to use for poop stains and cage spot cleaning. Just wondering if this stuff is safe for birds?
Nature's Miracle Stain & Odor Remover - Natures Miracle - Featured Products - PetSmart

I would like to find something that I can buy in stores, as I live in Canada and on an island, so it is expensive to get things shipped here.
Every store seems to sell Poop off, but I haven't heard the greatest things about it so I am hesitant to buy it. I have seen this Natures miracle stuff, but I don't know if it is safe to use around birds...
Any other suggestions? Currently I am just using diluted vinegar and baking soda, but sometimes it just doesn't cut it.

Cinnyluver

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Ana
I use "kids 'n' pets" for carpet stains. For cage cleaning, I mix my own vinegar solution. Both work very well for me. :)

Tangle Elf

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I would use poop off around birds before using Nature's Miracle. Poop off smells bad, but it's made to be around birds. Natures miracle is made to neutralize ammonia...not a problem with birds.

lwis

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Leah
Thanks!

I would use poop off around birds before using Nature's Miracle. Poop off smells bad, but it's made to be around birds. Natures miracle is made to neutralize ammonia...not a problem with birds.
Good point.

I use "kids 'n' pets" for carpet stains. For cage cleaning, I mix my own vinegar solution. Both work very well for me. :)
Hmm, I don't think I have seen this anywhere in stores. I will look though.
It just gets confusing for me when products are designed and marketed for pets, but they typically are referring to cats and dogs, so I never know if they are safe unless they are labelled specifically for birds.. ugh.

I just wish stores sold products other than poop off...

lwis

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Leah
I think there is one bird store that sells 'pet focus', but I refuse to give them business because they are awful to their birds. Grrr.

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Guess I'm wierd. I use poop off & it doesn't bother me or the birds. And I have asthma.

lwis

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Leah
Maybe I will try Poop off.... I haven't used it yet, I am just going by other's reviews. Does it work on fabric or carpets too??

Tangle Elf

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Guess I'm wierd. I use poop off & it doesn't bother me or the birds. And I have asthma.
I use to use it and thought the smell was nice. The bottle I got most recently smelled really chemically. I switched to F10.

lwis

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Leah
Is it this one? Cage & Aviary Deodorizer & Cleaner - Nature's Miracle The rest of them are mostly for stains and litter. This one is a surface cleaner for birds and mammals. I wish the website showed what the active ingredients are.​

I haven't seen this kind, but I will look. I am going to check out some stores in an hour or so, I just want to know what I am looking for. If I can't find anything else, I will probably come back with some poop off.

Status
Not open for further replies.