• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Nara and the kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbon

Walking the driveway
Here's Nara (now 1 year old) and the two new babies (now 6 weeks). I'm raising both of them to weaning, but only one will stay with us and become Nara's buddy. The other will go to a friend's house to be their baby.

Nara was carefully introduced to them, as she was displaying extremely affectionate behavior towards them from behind the glass. She immediately took to them and has been grooming and cleaning them on a near daily basis.

Some of the pictures are from when they were a bit smaller, all the way up to today, when they started hopping out of the incubator and "flying" around. They grow so fast, right before your eyes.

Attachments

Last edited:

chompie_puppy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
That is ADORABLE! :D

I love how Nara took to them straight away! What a gentle and loving little girl she is! :heart:

Carbon

Walking the driveway
Yeah, I was expecting a huge hissy fit for weeks if not months. None of that. She really is a good affectionate girl.

platinum

Real Name
Sharon
Aww. That's so sweet.

Have you decided which is staying?

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
CARBON! Its amazing to see you again,and with 2 Sun babies! Thats so adorable how Nara is mothering them. How have to two of you been?

I didnt realize that Nara was a year now,happy belated Hatchday.

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
Wow, seriously beautiful Suns, Carbon! I've been getting the Sun bug the past few weeks. I better keep away from the local stores, too many cute Suns out there... :eek:

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
awwww how cute

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Nara is beautiful as always! Does this mean you will not be getting a red factor sun conure?

Matt

Carbon

Walking the driveway
Thanks guys. It's good seeing you as well. I've been so busy lately and haven't had much time to read/post.

A RF (or two) is always an option for me. These two babies were not a premeditated buy and I got them on a whim. I came across these two and they were just impossible to resist. The owner seemed anxious to get rid of them and I was worried they'd go to an inexperienced person, so I took them up. I know a couple of my friends wanted suns, so I offered to raise them to weaning. "Unfortunately", one of them totally won my heart and will be staying with us. He has an awesome personality that reminds me a lot of Nara as a baby. Who knows, with some luck and training, he might end up just like her. I don't know the genders yet. Hopefully I'll have the answer by the end of this week or early next week. I'm hoping it's a male so she gets a bf, but if it's a female, at least I won't have to worry about fake eggs and what not.

Last edited:

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
So great to see you around again carbon - those babies are sweet! Will we get to watch the one you're keeping transform like we did with Nara?

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
They're adorable!

ferdinand

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
chul
Oh My! I would be in trouble because both of those adorable babies would be staying with me. You have 3 beautiful Suns!

dmiller91

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Diane
Aw, she's such a mama bird!!! When I got my baby timneh, my cape tried to mother him.... that is until his begging drove her nuts :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carbon

Walking the driveway
I actually quickly bonded with just one of them, and so did Nara. Both of us have slightly lower preference for the other one (poor baby), which is why we've decided to keep the one we like irrespective of gender. He gets along well with Nara and he loves the bejesus out of us.

Emilyy, you will most likely just see a few pictures here and there, then just the end result. I suspect the new baby will be gorgeous. While Nara was more on the orange side, I think this one will be on the very yellow side.

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
I'm sure he will be gorgeous!

Gosh - you left us out of the fun when you went and got a new baby! lol!
They are very cute and i am sure that you are having fun with them!
I also added to my flock! :D

Eliza

Jogging around the block
CARBON! Its amazing to see you again,and with 2 Sun babies! Thats so adorable how Nara is mothering them. How have to two of you been?

I didnt realize that Nara was a year now,happy belated Hatchday.
DITTO!

Great to see you, Carbon :)

Best of luck with the two babies and extra skritches to Nara for being the sweetheart that she is :heart:

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Speaking of Nara.. When can we see MORE pictures of her? (other than those in this thread? hehe)

She is my favorite sun:heart:

TITANIS

Glad to see you posting more, Carbon. We need more people with some science background here. :cool10:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
awe they are all so adorable together!

Status
Not open for further replies.