• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mystery In The Dark

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I was awake at 4am today and me and kitty looking out front window. Very dark out there. All of a sudden kitty gets very excited and a very strange cat like creature walks by the windows on sidewalk. Too dark to see details. What I did see is a rather tall cat like shape, long legs, very thin body and the strangest tail that was very long and touched the ground. I don’t know if it was a domestic cat or a wild cat. My neighbor on the upper floor of building saw a creature like that a few days ago and said it was light colored with longish fur on legs. It ran away. We are calling it Ghost cat for now. Any ideas?

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:shocked2: Any way to judge its size? The long tail makes my brain jump to cougar. :scared5:

... trying to look it up... Could it be someone's Savannah cat? I don't think they're very common, but they'd sure have long legs!

Last edited:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Get foxes where you are?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I contacted the person that feeds the feral cat colonies in the area and asked her to keep an eye out for a lost Sphinx cat. Since they have no fur it’s got to be very cold.