• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

mynah made my day! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

BirdsFTW

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maya
A fledgling came to my window for a few minutes, begging for food. I couldn't get my screen off without taking the whole window off, but I was able to push the screen back a little so I could stick my fingers out and offer it some seed. He/she wasn't interested in seed and kept it's mouth wide open, cheeping and begging for mushy food apparently. By the time I ran to get my syringe (I was gonna mash some papaya), the parents flew by and the baby followed.

Ummm... please excuse my shrill, baby talk voice. I don't even talk to Mika or Raptor like this - I promise!!
:lol:

[video]http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa205/maya_exquisite2/?action=view&current=P7300714.mp4[/video]

Last edited:

BirdsFTW

Real Name
Maya
I don't know why the video isn't posting...??

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
:heart::heart::heart: Ohhhhh, so cute! And that is the appropriate way to speak to a baby...and he clearly liked you. How fun!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Amazing! :D

igors mum

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
deb
working now maybe i tried to soon after you posted it. he was as cute as could be. looks the same as what we have here called a indian mynah they are considered the garbage can of birds here because they are a introduced species that took over.:confused:

BirdsFTW

Real Name
Maya
Thanks, everyone!! The fledgling definitely wanted in!! I thought it was awesome that he/she chose my window out of all the others around here - maybe he/she could sense that I would try to feed it!! Hehehe. ;) Either that, or maybe it saw all the cool bird toys hanging from the window and thought, "THAT is where I wanna be!!" :D

working now maybe i tried to soon after you posted it. he was as cute as could be. looks the same as what we have here called a indian mynah they are considered the garbage can of birds here because they are a introduced species that took over.:confused:
Yeah, they're an invasive species here as well - they are illegal to import now because we are just overrun with them. My mom calls them "the mean birds" because they always bully other birds away when she tries to feed the finches and sparrows in her backyard.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
When we were there in the winter, I had such a kick watching the little chickadees or whatever there were. They went from one balcony to the next, all the way up looking for scraps. It is almost like they did it every single morning. Then off to the next building, floor by floor. So cute :heart:

Yoyo'sMom

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
So cute. That baby must sense you're a bird person. I can't believe it let you get so close.

deee

Avenue Veteran
A fledgling came to my window for a few minutes, begging for food. I couldn't get my screen off without taking the whole window off, but I was able to push the screen back a little so I could stick my fingers out and offer it some seed. He/she wasn't interested in seed and kept it's mouth wide open, cheeping and begging for mushy food apparently. By the time I ran to get my syringe (I was gonna mash some papaya), the parents flew by and the baby followed.

Ummm... please excuse my shrill, baby talk voice. I don't even talk to Mika or Raptor like this - I promise!!
:lol:

[video]http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa205/maya_exquisite2/?action=view&current=P7300714.mp4[/video]
WOw you have Mynah birds there?! As a child we had one... mannnn was he a messy bird!

BirdsFTW

Real Name
Maya
The bird actually stepped up onto my finger and was trying to get food out of my fingers. I just couldn't do anything more because I had my hand tightly wedged between the screen and the window frame. I couldn't believe how extremely tame this wild bird was!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
wow that is adorable and amazing.

BirdsFTW

Real Name
Maya
I hope he/she comes back to visit me one day!! Hehe. ;)

iluvsunconure

Real Name
Raymond :]
Well if you don't have myna bird food, feed it Maya's bird food! :lol:

BirdsFTW

Real Name
Maya
Hehehe. I tried!! It wouldn't take any seed from me, so I think it wasn't ready to eat solids yet. By the time I rushed to get my syringe and some papaya, the parents came and he/she followed. I wish it would have stayed longer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.