• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My violet backed starlings

jh81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Very pretty birds!

The male is especially beautiful wi5 his violet back (hence the name) when the sun is shining on the right angle its just a magnificent view! Although the female is brown, the pattern is very beautifull to look at as well :)

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Good to see you :)
Such pretty birds!

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
beautiful!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I have only seen one male violet backed starling in person, but his condition was not as good as yours is. It is very clear that you take amazing care of them!

T.C.

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ty
The female is almost just as pretty to me. Are these bird rooms you have rather than cages?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Taking care of them is a hobby :) thank goodness the softbill world has discovered the joys of pellets, so its easier to keep them in top conditions. I feed them pellets, insect pate and living insects.

Some pictures show the old outdoor aviary they where in when they where housed at my dad’s (our shared ”thing”). After my dad died and i broke off contact with my mom i had to move them to my own house. Unfortunatly i have issues with my neighbours (they are about to be evicted thank goodness) which prevents me from building an outdoor aviary, so i build an indoor aviary instead. Its not big (2m wide, 2m high and 1m deep, give or take a few cm) but it allows them to fly around. Which i think is important for any bird :) hopefully next summer i will be able to build an outdoor aviary which is much bigger :)

T.C.

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ty
Taking care of them is a hobby :) thank goodness the softbill world has discovered the joys of pellets, so its easier to keep them in top conditions. I feed them pellets, insect pate and living insects.

Some pictures show the old outdoor aviary they where in when they where housed at my dad’s (our shared ”thing”). After my dad died and i broke off contact with my mom i had to move them to my own house. Unfortunatly i have issues with my neighbours (they are about to be evicted thank goodness) which prevents me from building an outdoor aviary, so i build an indoor aviary instead. Its not big (2m wide, 2m high and 1m deep, give or take a few cm) but it allows them to fly around. Which i think is important for any bird :) hopefully next summer i will be able to build an outdoor aviary which is much bigger :)
My birds mostly have free range as long as I'm home. But i know that isn't always an option in some houses.

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Your birds are gorgeous!!!

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Well, starlings can be nervous birds, so free range is usually not done with these softbills. Truth be told, i know nobody who let their softbills free through the house :)