• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My sons tiel has learned to talk..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celia58

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
He can whistle the "come here" whistle(dont know how to explain it any other way)
And he says his name Pikachu very well now..Its amazing how fast he picked it up too.Any ideas for new words for him to learn?
Maybe Pretty Bird could be next.

Unfortunately he is mimicking my Amazon when he screams too, sounds like the tiel is throwing a temper tantrum when he trys to sound like Paco..Paco has been so interested in the tiel, he wants to be near him but Im afraid to let them to close..But paco seems content to just sit about a foot away and watch him..Its funny because Paco has no interest in my greenie at all but that tiel has him very intrigued...Now my greenie is very interested in the finches though.

Dana Lee

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dana
:) My little girl tiel does the come here whistle and she wolf whistles lol. She also does the mailman coming up the walk, he has a certain whistle. We thought she was a boy until she laid some eggs lol. She is fascinated with our sun conure and he likes her too but I'm also afraid to let them get too close lol

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
how cute....and be careful, you will be surprised what they will pick up!!

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Awww.. :heart: Thats really sweet.. My Mikey talks when I leave the room but I have no idea of what he is saying.. :rolleyes:

Chicobo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Erin
CC doesn't mimic or "talk" (not that I mind, she's the bestest no matter what), but a few days ago I was asleep in bed when she started making her "attention! Danger!" call.

My bed is right across from her cage, less than 4 feet from it, so she has a clear view...apparently my b/f had let the cat in and the cat was nuzzling and licking my face, which CC found to be unacceptably threatening, LOL!

Funny thing is, her "alert" sound definitely wakes me up!

I can't imagine "real" talking from a 'tiel, I'd probably be so shocked I'd fall over, hehe!

Celia58

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
He says Pikachu pretty clearly.If you get on youtube their are some that talk quite well.But they whistle much better..

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
My Jack is a really clear, and good talker, he only says a few words, but he says “hi Jacky boy”, “Hi Jacky”, “thank you” (he has only just picked this one up recently, he says it after he gives you a kiss). He is good at mimicking too, maybe too good, but he mimics the phone perfectly, and a microwave.

Status
Not open for further replies.