• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Parrotlet is coming home this Saturday...

Porter

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Maggie
A pretty little yellow girl.
I'm starting to get her quarantine cage set up and I definately do not have enough perches and other stuff so I'm going to need to spend a small fortune to get her cage ready.
I've done so much research but I'd like some pointers for what to expect from other Parrotlet owners.
I'll have pictures as soon as I get home at least xD

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Sweet! I've been watching for an update from you.
:congrats5:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Congratulations!! :yah:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Congrats! I only fostered a parrotlet but he really liked little toys that he could throw around the bottom of his cage- like little wicker balls or plastic balls that jingled.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Never had a Parrotlet bird but they sure are cute. My only experience with them was when I was at a bird fair and I heard the loudest bird sounds coming from the back of the huge building. I asked one of the bird vendors what kind of birds were making such lound sounds and was told it was the Parotletts. I cant wait to see you photos, love yellow feathers. Have you named her yet?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

laracroft

Strolling the yard
Congrats! I think most of what you need to know in bringing home a new parrotlet is common to parrots in general. The thing that really surprised me that first day is just how small they really are. Seeing them in person was different from pictures! I was so scared I'd accidentally hurt my boy.

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome home Gose!!

She’s lovely, can’t wait to hear all about her.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
She is so cute, congratulations!! Gotta love p'lets :xflove:

I use natural perches for my Pichu, just took them from a bird-safe tree from the garden. They are free, better for their feet, and you can change them as often as you want for variation. He has a few toys, his favourite is his foraging egg, and now he also plays with his ball at the bottom of his cage, throwing it around like a crazy bird. It is not easy to find interesting toys for so small birds :rolleyes: I also used some of my old Playmobils and DIY :D

1597655038727.png 1597655105531.png

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So cute! Congrats!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne

NorthernGannet

Sprinting down the street
She is so cute, congratulations!! Gotta love p'lets :xflove:

I use natural perches for my Pichu, just took them from a bird-safe tree from the garden. They are free, better for their feet, and you can change them as often as you want for variation. He has a few toys, his favourite is his foraging egg, and now he also plays with his ball at the bottom of his cage, throwing it around like a crazy bird. It is not easy to find interesting toys for so small birds :rolleyes: I also used some of my old Playmobils and DIY :D

View attachment 350430 View attachment 350431

Oh funny! I bought one of those egg treat-tip toys and neither my p'let nor my linnies will play with it! I find it loads of fun to tip and have the seeds spill all over. The birds? Eh, not interested in doing the tipping themselves, although they're happy to clean the seeds up. LOL

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Oh funny! I bought one of those egg treat-tip toys and neither my p'let nor my linnies will play with it! I find it loads of fun to tip and have the seeds spill all over. The birds? Eh, not interested in doing the tipping themselves, although they're happy to clean the seeds up. LOL
Pichu doesn't get sunflower seeds otherwise, so he knows his own best ;)